cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEF01 error creating Account

Beth49
Tuning in

Hello,

I was sent an email to set up Virgin Media online but repeatedly getting DEF01 error. I can see others here have had the same but cant see any solution. Screensht below. I have tried clearing cookies and a differnt browser but no luck. Customer support seem unable to help and dirrected me here. Can anyone helo with this please?

Beth49_0-1644764992107.png

77 REPLIES 77

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JoeyMedia,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message and confirming that your online account issue is now resolved!

I'm glad that I could assist a little. If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know. We're here to assist.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

I have the exact same thing happening to me, both on the App and browser, even after cleaning cookies.

Any help possible please 🙏?

Hi @Tadaz thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've not been able to create your online account.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Thx Lee

Like answered in private I confirm I am all sorted now 😉 

Thanks for getting back to us @Tadaz.

Also thanks for confirming you're all sorted 🙂   Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R

isaaaac24
Joining in

Hi,

I am not able to sign up for an account either due to this error code after setting up a new connection.

Hi isaaaac24,

A warm welcome a thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to see that you're currently unable to register for an online account due to the DEF01 error. 

Can we ask if you have tried another web browser and device to register? Also, clearing all cookies/caches and history may also help.

Can we also ask what link you URL you are using to register with.

Old page (Champion): https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view 

New page (Challenger): https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/account-settings/details
 Please try the above and if you still require assistance, please come back to us.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I have the same DEF01 issue.

it’s not due to browser or wrong link

it seems deletion of the account and reregistering is the answer

I tried support they said new password should work but it diesn’t

Please help 

Hi keenanrf,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your online account. 

I am more than happy to take a look into this to see what we can do to help. 

^Martin

Raben3386
Joining in

Hi 

I have same issue from one month i can't create account tired to create many times.

I have only message that you can't use that password.