cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEF01 error creating Account

Beth49
Tuning in

Hello,

I was sent an email to set up Virgin Media online but repeatedly getting DEF01 error. I can see others here have had the same but cant see any solution. Screensht below. I have tried clearing cookies and a differnt browser but no luck. Customer support seem unable to help and dirrected me here. Can anyone helo with this please?

Beth49_0-1644764992107.png

77 REPLIES 77

Lloydy27
Tuning in

I am getting the same issue!  I can see others have experienced the same reset password issue.  I have cleared cookies, cache and tried other browsers. 

Hi Lloydy27

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear that you're not been able to register an online account. We'll need to raise an IT ticket for this. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lloydy27

My apologies for the misunderstanding, you mentioned you were getting the same issue as the thread, The DEF01 error for creating an account. You mention you already have an online account. When you try to log in what is the error code you see? Can you try resetting your password or try a different browser to see if this works. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

JoeyMedia
Tuning in

Hi I’m also having this issue.

I paid for a broadband package, but was not required to make an account, I’ve been give an account number but am unable to log in to a virgin media account, and was not required to set up a password like a few others on this forum.

each time I try to log in or even attempt to create my account I’m getting error code DEF01

Hi JoeyMedia,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Can you try clearing your cache and cookies?

Can you try a different password.  No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters. 

Alex_Rm

46AA2FAE-21C8-4EAB-B4A3-340F8941B408.jpeg

 I’ve cleared cookies and data, just tried resetting my password and comes up with this.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JoeyMedia,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issue. Have you previously registered for an online account and had access to it?

If not, please try registering for our online account to see if this can help you access your online account. 

Let us know how you get on and if you need any assistance with the registration.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

4A70809D-0B1A-46D1-9D6C-93AA1034FAA8.jpeg

Just tried to register an account with my email that I used to purchase my broadband package and getting this, I am unable to my and account with my email or reset my password with an account using my email, no matter what I do I get the same code: DEF01

i have my account number and area reference from emails I’ve received about my broadband but unable to access my account or make one.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JoeyMedia,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. Can you please advise if you've tried to register by using a different web browser of by registering via our MyVirginMedia app?

Please give this a go and let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

6AAD4989-7B98-4F86-B6E8-983777C6E49E.jpegJust tried via the app and still getting the same thing.