cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEF01 error creating Account

Beth49
Tuning in

Hello,

I was sent an email to set up Virgin Media online but repeatedly getting DEF01 error. I can see others here have had the same but cant see any solution. Screensht below. I have tried clearing cookies and a differnt browser but no luck. Customer support seem unable to help and dirrected me here. Can anyone helo with this please?

Beth49_0-1644764992107.png

77 REPLIES 77

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JoeyMedia,

Thank you for your response. Sorry to see that this is still happening! I'll be happy to investigate this issue a little further for you. 

I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello having issues with making a new account , used to be with virgin media and then left , now 3 years later I came back and I can't make account on the email I have used 

Screenshot_2022-06-09-22-45-38-65_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Sorry to see your trouble. i am sure someone here will sort this out for you. I had the same issue a few weeks ago which is sorted now.

But Virgin should be fully aware of this. If they are not aware after seeing this reoccurring problem in the last few years then their customer service is sleepwalking. If they are aware but not changing their IT setting and instead, expecting us to waste time and search for a solution, then their customer service is awful. Either way, i am not impressed. 

Thank you for joining me on private message Lloydy27. Glad we were able to get this sorted for you. Any further questions or concerns, please let us know and we'll be happy to help support any way we can. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I have also been experiencing the same issue as others I have seen on here. I am unable to register at all. Had Virgin years ago so tried forgot password too but I receive no email.

Error code is DEF01. Have tried multiple browsers and deleted cookies etc. But no luck. I have tried different email addresses too and even created a brand new email and that hasn't worked either!

Same here and i need account to change pass

Hello BMWCHUBB, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you cannot access your online account.

I will send you a PM, so we can look into this.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Got the message.

Hello, oviosly I have seen you have answered or started dealing with people after my post so I'm guessing u missed me , so just wanted to ask again having issues making an account , with error def01 or with a message that I can't create account. Please sort this for me 

Screenshot_2022-06-09-22-45-38-65_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Can I get some help too please? I have not been contacted by anyone.