cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEF01 error creating Account

Beth49
Tuning in

Hello,

I was sent an email to set up Virgin Media online but repeatedly getting DEF01 error. I can see others here have had the same but cant see any solution. Screensht below. I have tried clearing cookies and a differnt browser but no luck. Customer support seem unable to help and dirrected me here. Can anyone helo with this please?

Beth49_0-1644764992107.png

77 REPLIES 77

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Beth49

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you on board! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue! Can I ask if you are attempting to set this password via the app or the web page? 

If online have you been able to try on another browser at all? 

Thank you. 

This was online and as I mentioned in my original message I did try clearing cookies and an alternative browser.

I have also tried the app and get the same problem

Thanks for coming back to us Beth49,

We are having a few difficulties this morning with some of our links not working. Is this the first time you have tried to register for an online Virgin Media account?

Have you tried recently to register for an online account? I will be happy to do this for you if your experiencing issues.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details. 

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

This has been going on for almost two weeks now. I will check private message in a moment. Thanks

Hi Beth49,

Just a quick message to advised we will happily contact your mum for you on Thursday just so we can get permission from the account holder to set up an online account for her.

As per our private message, we will call at a certain time, just so your mum knows who's calling.

If you have any further issues, please come back to us through this channel. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi,

No one has called her today as agreed. How do we progress this now?

Thanks

Beth

Hi Beth49,

Apologies for the late reply, I have been off for the last few days. I am so sorry that your mum did not receive a call from us, please apologise on our behalf that this was not done.

Looking at your mums account again this morning for you, I can see that your mum has already registered for an online account a few years ago, this is where the issues may be coming in. 

I cannot confirm what email address was registered, however you can click on the forgotten email/password link which will prompt you to enter your mums details.

This should theoretically, let you reset the password, and once you're in your mum's account change the email address if required.

Please can you try this and let us know how you get on?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi,

Yes I know there was a virgin media email  associated with her account but she doesnt use it or have access to it and neither do I. Ive been around this circle before.I will send a private message with more.

Best wishes

Beth

Hi Beth,

My manager is in mid morning, so I will ask if we can get a call done for your mum ASAP. As soon as I have any further information I will post back to you.

Kind regards Jodi.