cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEF01 Error when creating account

jaggisthehaggis
Joining in

My mum has been getting this error since our service activated last wednesday, can anyone advise please.

7 REPLIES 7

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jaggisthehaggis

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that your mum is having issues creating an online account with us at this moment. Does the same error appear when you try on different browsers or devices? Please can you try clearing the cache and cookies on the device and try a browser other than Chrome. Let me know how you get on. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

We've tried on Firefox and IE and Safari via mobile phone and getting the same error. Same with clearning cache and cookies. I did read on an older forum post that the error is caused by an old email address being attached to an old account or something similar. (We've recently just returned as customers)

Thanks for getting back to us.

Is your mum able to create an account on here so we can help her?

As we'll need to send a private message, clear security and raise an IT ticket for this.

Alex_Rm

I can do yeah, Will i just get her to comment on this thread when she's created the account?

Hi Jaggisthehaggis - yes please do!

We will then be able to send your mum a PM to confirm a few details and offer further support with the account registration issue - thank you!

All the best. 

Molly

Hello, can you send the PM to this account please and hopefully we can get this sorted

Thanks,

Carol

Hi CarolOliver

Thanks for joining us, I shall send the PM now.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill