cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEF01 Error When Registering Account

clarendon23
On our wavelength

We're new Virgin Media broadband customers, and the service has been up and running for a few weeks now.

I've been trying to register for a Virgin Media account but have been having several problems.

To begin with I got a DEF01 error after putting in the email address we used to set up the service, but tried a minute later and proceeded to the next step. It accepted our customer number and area code, but when I wanted to use a different email address for the account it wouldn't accept an email address that started with a number, so I set up a new email address that it was happy with and proceeded to the next step of setting the password.

No matter what password I used (even up to 64 characters in length) it said I couldn't use that password and I had to try a different one, without specifying why I couldn't use the password I'd chosen (randomly generated by a password generator).

Now whenever I try to register I just get the DEF01 error when putting in the original email address and cannot progress any further.

I've tried multiple email addresses (even ones that aren't registered with Virgin) and get the same error.

I've tried multiple browsers, including private/incognito mode, and cleared out browsing history.

Can anyone help? It seems like the Virgin Media account registration process is fundamentally flawed judging by the number of other posts on here with the same issue.

Thanks

39 REPLIES 39

Hey Tom how about you post the details on how to resolve this so we’re all aware? I have the same issue

Hey @Kelly9, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue with MyVM.
I will assist you on this and send a private message.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No

Can you do the same for me please, getting no where fast.

R

Tyson1
Joining in

Hi I’m having the same problem trying to sign up to my Virgin media app 

Hey Tyson1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your online account, please can you attempt to create your account in incognito mode within your browser and let me know if that helps to get your account registered.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi I have tried this not working it’s now saying We can't find an account with the details you've provided.

Sorry to hear you have been having ongoing issues with trying to register an account @Tyson1.

We can understand the frustration caused. I can however see you are already speaking to a colleague regarding this. Please remain in contact with them on the one thread and they will do their best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

It’s slowly getting on my nerves now I’m a new custom and can’t even sign up to my Virgin and this is this is the original thread 

We can understand the frustration caused @Tyson1.

It does appear that you are speaking to 2 other colleagues regarding the issue. Please respond to them when you can as they will do their best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team