cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEF01 Error When Registering Account

clarendon23
On our wavelength

We're new Virgin Media broadband customers, and the service has been up and running for a few weeks now.

I've been trying to register for a Virgin Media account but have been having several problems.

To begin with I got a DEF01 error after putting in the email address we used to set up the service, but tried a minute later and proceeded to the next step. It accepted our customer number and area code, but when I wanted to use a different email address for the account it wouldn't accept an email address that started with a number, so I set up a new email address that it was happy with and proceeded to the next step of setting the password.

No matter what password I used (even up to 64 characters in length) it said I couldn't use that password and I had to try a different one, without specifying why I couldn't use the password I'd chosen (randomly generated by a password generator).

Now whenever I try to register I just get the DEF01 error when putting in the original email address and cannot progress any further.

I've tried multiple email addresses (even ones that aren't registered with Virgin) and get the same error.

I've tried multiple browsers, including private/incognito mode, and cleared out browsing history.

Can anyone help? It seems like the Virgin Media account registration process is fundamentally flawed judging by the number of other posts on here with the same issue.

Thanks

39 REPLIES 39

I've no idea. Someone sent me a DM asking for information that I provided, but I haven't heard anything since.

Feel free to send me another DM that I can reply to.

Thanks, clarendon23.

I will pop you over another message, so I can get this raised with our IT team for you today. Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi clarendon23,

Just a quick note to say this issue has now been reported to our IT team on your behalf. I have sent you over a private message with your IT reference number in case you would like an update. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Still nothing. Please can I have an update?

Apologies for the late response clarendon23,

I have checked the IT ticket for you this morning and did reply via private message. Our team are still looking into this issue for your and the ticket is assigned.

We do apologise for the time it is taking to get this issue resolved. Our team are working as quickly as possible on this matter.

kind regards Jodi. 

Hello,
I am currently running into the same issue. I have tried to register for an account from 4 different devices and two different web browsers. However, no luck. Any help?

Hey @GuodaS, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with My Virgin Media.
I will assist you on this and send you a private message.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good luck getting it sorted. I'm still waiting and I'm the original poster for this thread.

Useless is an understatement.

I'm the second poster and also still waiting 

Hey @clarendon23, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear the issue hasn't been resolved.
May I ask if you've had any update since the last message?

Let us know.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs