cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service

SD69
Joining in

I called 150 from home phone a month ago to end contract - told I would have to pay up to 30 days notice and would receive package to send equipment back or would have to pay £40. Not heard back and now very happy with new provider, so called again tonight. Appallingly bad customer service - wasting hours with repeated chat / phone calls. Apparently no record that I am leaving, DD due soon for service I cancelled >30 days ago and nothing I can do about it or anyone willing to help me. Do I need a more powerful motive never to get involved with VM again and to tell everyone I know to avoid them like the plague? 

11 REPLIES 11

@AlexanderMTTH wrote:

Thanks Paulina. 

Nothing in particular, but I've read so many times on the forum the poor experience, and I can't get my head around how it doesn't land with the call center trainers or policy makers or whoever is in charge of that part of Virgin Media. 

Summed up very nicely AlexanderMTTH. Based on this, you can draw your own conclusions on the importance VM places on customer service!

Actual customer service (resulting in a useful outcome, explanation or resolution for the customer) has been replaced by a well-polished PR machine offering the appearance of customer service via warm words and not too much else

"Your call is important to us ..." (so we are going to keep you waiting on the phone for several hours, pass you between multiple agents, then cut you off)

"Our team is working hard to ..." (fix your broken telephone line which you reported 3 weeks ago and still isn't fixed despite several technician visits and an escalation to third line support)

"We take data protection very seriously ..." (even though we have just lost all of your personal information in a data leak)

etc. etc.

And this doesn't apply exclusively to VM. All of the mega-corporations are similar, it's just that VM is a particularly extreme example of just how bad it can get.

The forum does offer a glimpse of what VM's customer service could/should be like because the VM forum team do actually manage to get things fixed on here but, unfortunately, they are operating within the limitations that VM imposes upon them.

Hi @AlexanderMTTH,

Thank you for your feedback. We aim to improve our customer's experiences as much as we can and aim to prevent negative experiences. 

Please get back in touch with us if there's anything we can help with, we'll be more than happy to assist. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs