cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service woe

Jangomango73
Joining in

Absolutely shocking levels of customer service - I thought other providers were bad but here is a whole new level. I'll start back on February 15/23.

Received email from VM regarding contract price increase and my option to cancel (although it was stated in the email that I wasn't affected by the increase) I contacted customer services and they confirmed that I was affected so I gave my cancellation notice on was notified that April 4th 2023 would be my last day of service.

13th March 2023 

Received x2 separate emails from VM "thanking me for accepting my new contract at a reduced price for a new 18month contract, obviously one lower than the other.. I rang customer service team again to ask what the hell was going on as I'd never accepted anything - there response was that I must have pressed something to have accepted the new contract to which I never. I did over the phone seek clarification on the lower offer of the two sent to me and as it was confirmed as a genuine offer I gladly accepted the new contract. I did explain that I was going through a notice period of cancellation to which they replied not to worry about it as they would amend the account from there end and I would just continue to have broadband services as per contract.

3rd April 2023

I have no broadband! Logged into my VM app and it says I have no services with VM and my account is cancelled.

Rang customer services 5 times today to try and resolve the issue and I have been bounced pillar to post, hung up on twice and have had to forward my copy of the contractual price I was offered against what they had on their system as they had me on a different priced contract. How the hell can I trust anyone within this company to do there jobs or what they say they will do when you contact them for advice, help, guidance as its clear as day that the customer service team are not doing what they say to customers.

I went to a local VM office where I live to attempt to speak with someone face to face to try and resolve my problem but I was redirected to the customer service phone line. I managed to get an email address from one of the customer services to send my documents over to prove I was offered the lower of the 2 contracts and also to escalate my complaint.... To which I have not received a response and I doubt that I will based on the levels of service so far.. 

So I'm without Internet and I have no idea how to get my problems resolved

10 REPLIES 10

FedUP12345
Tuning in

Had a very similar experience in the last week. Cancelled with agreed end date of 29 April so what do VM do cut all services 30th March.

Then messed around on the phone, transferred, then cut off etc

Then VM send a bill that bears no relation to anything at all. 

Total joke of a company.

Every employ seems to screw up even the simplest of things. Nothing they say can be relied upon.

Ofcom should start threatening VM with some serious fines 

Maybe our equally useless government should step in and bring some kind of corporate negligence criminal action. It's atotal farce.

@FedUP12345 wrote:

Had a very similar experience in the last week. Cancelled with agreed end date of 29 April so what do VM do cut all services 30th March.

Then messed around on the phone, transferred, then cut off etc

Then VM send a bill that bears no relation to anything at all. 

Total joke of a company.

Every employ seems to screw up even the simplest of things. Nothing they say can be relied upon.

Ofcom should start threatening VM with some serious fines 

Maybe our equally useless government should step in and bring some kind of corporate negligence criminal action. It's atotal farce.

But, you have, I trust, registered a ‘complete loss of service’ with them, as I advised in the other thread, no? The logic works like this, you have given notice but are expected to pay for at least the next thirty days, similarly, VM are contractually obliged to provide a service for this period. Now, effectively, you have no service, whether this is down to a fault, or corporate incompetence, isn’t you problem, it’s their’s. From your perspective, you’re paying for a service and you aren’t getting, it, why, is irrelevant! VM are now obliged to pay you the usual compensation of £8.65 (I believe) per day for ‘loss of service’ as of tomorrow if my recollection of your original thread and timeline is accurate.

Now, of course, it is possible that a member of the forum team will step in and help to resolve this, the alternative being, of course that you post back on here for further advice, and some of us, give you full and concise hints as how to make a formal complaint, wait for that to be fobbed off and escalate it to the Ombudsman Service for independent adjudication. Just submitting a complain causes VM to lose a couple of hundred pounds in fees (you pay nothing) pls the compensation of your fees for the month, plus, I’d suggest, an additional £75 for the inconvenience.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jangomango73,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums. 

I am so sorry for the level of service you have received. I will pop you over a PM and we can look from there. Keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Thanks,

Zoie

I'm assuming that you're not dealing with my enquiry on a one to one basis judging by the time frame it takes to receive a reply....?

Can someone please answer this, why does it take upto 72 hours to reconnect/reinstate a broadband service. The cable feed into my property is still live, it hasn't been uninstalled or removed. Is it simply a case of someone behind a computer basically pressing a button to reinstate my services. Basically down to VM employee error disconnecting me and my account, I'm being penalised and inconvenienced. Yet they have the audacity to send me a bill.

Can someone please explain to me the process for a reconnection of service 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming, I have raised a complaint, your reference is C-0504231065. You should be reconnected within 24-48 hours. When you are we can get your contract sorted for you.

Zoie

Jesus!! Can you not get anything right? I have just received an email from virgin saying thanks for confirming your changes.. You have now put me on M125, a downgrade from M250 and are charging me over £40 a month for it 

Once again tried to communicate with customer service team and I have been cut off twice 

Why is it so difficult to speak to someone who actually knows what is going on with my account? My broadband was reinstated earlier and I checked my package details and it clearly shows that I'm on the agreed contract as of 13th march 2023 for £17 month for 18 months.. I have been informed that this contract was cancelled?? By who?? I'm currently on a call as I type and the duration is 48 mins and counting and I cannot get anyone to clarify my account status. I have to repeatedly go through the same explanation of initial contract agreement from 13 March 2023 for the agreed price. And I'm told that this contract has been cancelled and I'm now on a DOWNGRADED PACKAGE FOR MORE MONEY A MONTH. M125 broadband for £41.75 a month rising to £81 after the first month. Virgin media should be ashamed for this level of service. You are disgusting and totally incompetent. 

And now all communications have ceased via PM,.. Doesn't surprise me