cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service atrocious

Br0
Joining in

I have been happy with virgin media since installation i think three years ago when came to our area. In this pass few months i have been out of contract and just rolling monthly,  on 12th july i was contacted by virgin offering me the ultimate oomph bundle for basically the same price i was paying but an 18 month contract. told i was getting two magic remotes, could have tv in any room etc so i agreed. Since the change over i haven't had a proper service with tv starting and stopping. apparently an area problem which was fixed today but it is beyond watching on either tv(2 boxes) so not fixed at all.

I have been lied to about an add on for phone charging me an extra £4 per month when this should be included in the bundle. That i only found out about when i phoned to say i couldn't get tv in every room as i needed another box and connection. Agreed to give box for £1 per month and £5 connection fee. Later on the day the email showed the extra i had been paying which i shouldn[t have been was being used for the extra box and i wasn't getting it for £1 at all. It was £1 extra because he removed a service he didn't tell me about that i should never have been paying in the first place. The supervisor wouldn't speak to me or a manager as they were too busy and would have to listen to my previous phone conversation. I said great so can you confirm this will happen in an email which of course I didn't get. I am not quibbling over a few pounds but the attitude of the virgin workers, they feel the customer can be treated in any way they wish be being fobbed off with whatever comes into their heads. It seems impossible to get to the bottom of anything. I am getting a new box on Friday but if virgin don't honour what they said i will be pulling out of this contract. The problem is they wont sort the problem and my days are running out to enable me to cancel the contract. Can anyone please tell me what to do. I do not want to commit to something i am not happy about. I had a good fast bb, good signal with my tv no real problems, now i am in an 18month contract and it is a shambles.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Br0,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you've been facing some service issues recently with your TV service. Are these problems ongoing for you today? If they are, can you please check our Service Status page for any known area impacting faults that may be causing this? I appreciate you may have checked this previously, but it may have been updated since then.

In regards to the additional charge that you've mentioned and disputing, what does it state on the bill that this is in reference to?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Br0 wrote:

I have been happy with virgin media since installation i think three years ago when came to our area. In this pass few months i have been out of contract and just rolling monthly,  on 12th july i was contacted by virgin offering me the ultimate oomph bundle for basically the same price i was paying but an 18 month contract. told i was getting two magic remotes, could have tv in any room etc so i agree.

Can you take a look at this page and check which boxes you had prior to this call? It sounds like you were offered a conversion to 360 alongside a new Ultimate Oomph bundle, but I can't work out whether you had TiVo or V6 boxes, which would alter the process.

You've mentioned "tv problems" in your first paragraph, but then at the end of your post "I am getting a new box on Friday" and then "good signal with my tv no real problems". We need to separate package problems from technical ones, but can you explain what the current issues are with your TV service? (And confirm which boxes you have as per the link above).

I'll leave the contract & package issues for the staff to pick up, although you don't say whether your online contract (you can download it from "myVM" online) matches what you were offered/expecting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Br0,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you've been facing some service issues recently with your TV service. Are these problems ongoing for you today? If they are, can you please check our Service Status page for any known area impacting faults that may be causing this? I appreciate you may have checked this previously, but it may have been updated since then.

In regards to the additional charge that you've mentioned and disputing, what does it state on the bill that this is in reference to?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Multi talk 1000. apparently I was paying an extra £4 for this but when I took out the new bundle it was included with it so I should not have been continuing to be charged for this. More bad news- I now see I am being charged £35 connection fee. This is all unbelievable when you agree to something and you are being lied to. My phone calls prove it. Also I'm having this box fitted tomorrow and didn't even see they are charging full price for installion, he said £5. This is really going to mess me up as I have also changed my mobile but I think I am going to have no alternative but to cancel the lot. I detest lies and deceit.

Br0
Joining in

I now have no TV or broadband, just landline and mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Br0 wrote:

Multi talk 1000. apparently I was paying an extra £4 for this but when I took out the new bundle it was included with it so I should not have been continuing to be charged for this. More bad news- I now see I am being charged £35 connection fee. This is all unbelievable when you agree to something and you are being lied to. My phone calls prove it. Also I'm having this box fitted tomorrow and didn't even see they are charging full price for installion, he said £5. This is really going to mess me up as I have also changed my mobile but I think I am going to have no alternative but to cancel the lot. I detest lies and deceit.

Welcome to Virgin Media

If you don't really need it or depend on it then cancel the upgrades. 

It won't easy at all to get them to honour off script offers.

You might be told your previous terms/offer aren't available anymore. 

In which case lodge a complaint and go through retentions to get what you were on.

The move to 360 TV is one way.  So even if you get back to the price you were paying you're stuck with "the magic remotes"...

Hi @Br0,

Thank you for expanding further on this.

I'm very sorry to hear that this has happened. Unfortunately we're unable to make package changes, upgrades, or downgrades from here. As such, to discuss making such adjustments it'd be best to reach out to the retentions department by calling 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline).

The team there will be able to check the details of your current offer and correct any discrepancies. If you did unfortunately decide that you wish to proceed with a cancellation then they can outline your options with that too.

Please do let us know how you get on either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team