Menu
robh_78
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Customer Service

Really not sure where to start with this one. 

I moved house 2 months ago and agreed to take my Virgin Media services with me. 

My initial installation date was cancelled, due to "construction issues".

I was then told I needed to wait 6 - 8 weeks for permission from the council to carry out the work. 

The above I can accept. 

What I can;t accept is the following:

Over 4 hours worth of calls to VM, to try to find out what the issue is.

£11 of calls on my mobile phone, because nobody gave me the free phone numbers.

Being told that I couldn't have VM in my area, despite my next door neighbour having had it installed in March this year and an access point also being placed at the foot of my drive.

Being told that I couldn't speak directly to the Construction team. Then eventually being transferred to them. 

Being promised calls back that never materialise. 

Being told that the agent will reply to my emails, but never does.

No response to my official complaint. 

Too much information being lost in translation, due to continually having to deal with foreign call centres. 

I could go on.

I have all of the above logged, with times and dates. 

The Customer Service I have received has been absolutely appalling. In 9 years as a VM customer, I've never had a problem, until now. 

A desperate plea: I just need someone to communicate with me on what is happening with my install. Someone who is up to date and able to communicate effectively. Please. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Service

Hello robh_78

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Apologies for the delayed installation at your new address, we understand how frustrating this can be especially when you just want the services up and running.

Unfortunately with any construction issues we are not given the specifics of what is causing the delay. We are only advised that our construction team area aware and you will be contacted in due course. If we are waiting on permission off the local authorities to dig up a public footpath or carry out maintenance work off the property this may take some time.

We can only apologise regarding you other issues of failed call backs and emails not being responded too. If you have raised a complaint regarding these issues we will be in contact with you to discuss a resolutions within 28 days of your complaint being raised.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
robh_78
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. 

As I stated in my original post, It is not the delay that is concerning me. It is the appalling customer service that I have received. 

My official complaint related to many things, including too much being lost in translation through foreign call centres. The fact that this is then followed up by someone phoning from a foreign call centre is laughable. Following that conversation, I have received no follow up. 

Not good enough. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @robh_78

Thanks so much for your reply - I am sorry about any delay with your installation and construction work and of course with the lack of information provided. 

I have located your account via your Forum information and will pop you a Private Message so we can go through security and advise you further. 

Please look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your Private Message @robh_78

I have popped you a reply with the update; please do feel free to pop back to this thread quoting the reference number I provided and we'll be more than happy to update you where possible. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
robh_78
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just to ensure this remains in the public forum and not hidden behind private messages:

I have already waited 6 - 8 weeks. Initially not an issue, but I now have to wait another 6 - 8 weeks? Up to 4 months with no services? And there's nothing to say that won;t increase again. 

My complaint has still not been dealt with. 

The use of foreign call centres and their ability to understand simple issues remains a problem. Being advised to start by plugging the lead in, when I've already explained 3 times that I don't have any services connected to my property, is a little condescending to say the least. 

The biggest let down is finally getting to talk to someone who says they agree that it has not been good enough, promises to sort the issues, promises a call back with further information and resolutions, and then simply doesn't bother. 

Time to contact https://www.ombudsman-services.org/ I feel. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @robh_78

I can certainly understand your frustrations and I do apologise about any extended delay to your installation due to the construction work that is needed.

As mentioned in our Private Messages, we have now logged a complaint for you and have ensured that this has been assigned to the correct team to deal with your installation issues and your complaint as a whole. 

I can see from the complaint that you have been assigned a case owner and you will be contacted shortly - however I am unable to advise of a specific timescale for this. 

For construction work, once the work has been approved, we advise that the timescale can be up to 6-8 weeks for the work to be completed. As yet, we have no further update on when this will be approved but you will be contacted ASAP with further updates. 

You are of course welcome to refer your complaint through Alternative Dispute Resolution and you can do this if either we have not reached an agreed settlement within 8 weeks of logging your complaint or we agree in writing before the 8 weeks that your dispute should be settled by independent adjudication (deadlock).

The Adjudication scheme you would need to contact would be CISAS and you can find their information within our Complaints Code of Practice

Once again, I am truly sorry that we were unable to assist you any further via our Community Forums at this stage but we will be more than happy to check for updates as and when required.

Cheers 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
robh_78
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So, I've just received an unpaid bill for £25.80 for the last month.

"Payment is required immediately to avoid further action."

I really would like some clarification on this, as I haven't had any services now for almost 2 months. 

0 Kudos