cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score

Alannanicole
Joining in

Hi

I am emailing today about a default on my credit file.

I took out virgin media back in 2019 for my home address  

After moving out the address, I closed my virgin account as the services was no longer needed, this was paid off and all equipment provided by yourselves sent back.

Me and my partner has recently applied for a morgage and a virgin media default has appeared. I have called virgin media many times to be told we do NOT owe any money.

I finally spoke to a woman on the phone last night who has got to the bottom of this we think.

After we moved out of our home address, an additional account was opened to my parents address . We have no details on the account as we was not aware this was even made. My parents never had virgin installed at the address, they live in a tower block and virgin media does not provide their services at the address so it is impossible for them to have had any services provided to yourself.

The outstanding balance is £141.77. The money itself isn't the issue. The issue we are facing now is that this default is not going to affect my credit score for 6 years, making it very difficult for my family to get a morgage, I seem this is very is very unfair as we had absolutely no idea there was a second account opened in my name. No idea there was any sort of outstanding debt (I would of paid this ASAP to avoid the defult ), and no services ever provided be virgin media. Virgin media was brilliant when we used it, and we feel very let down this has happened to our family and hope it can be resolved ASAP so we can get out morgage for our children and one day hope to open another virgin media account.

Could someone please look into removing the default on my credit file if we was to pay of the remaining money? Although I do believe I do not owe this money, I would happily pay it to resolve the matter on my credit file. Many thanks for your time taken to read.

1 REPLY 1

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Alananicole, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear of your experience and apologise for any concern this has caused. 

We would be happy to look in to this further for you but we would need to take a few details to locate the account. 

I will pop you over a private message now and we ca go from there. 

Speak soon, 

Nat