cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit reports

Gazcav
Joining in

I have had a default put on my credit file and now I am running the risk off loosing £8000 due to not being able to re finance my motor due to this I had mo idea about this outstanding balance as it was an amendment on an account that I thought as was told was complete .I have contacted the finance team and cleared the outstanding money but I  need my credit file cleared and the response I'm getting is saying within 28 days I need this done ASAP. It is  literally discusting that virgin can go about this in this way there is a good chance that this is going to stop me getting a mortgage next month 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gazcav
Welcome to the community.
I'm sorry to hear about your concerns surrounding your credit file. There is a 21 day wait for a response to any credit file amendment queries at this time, this also includes if you have contacted creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk. If you have cleared the remaining balance, then we do update our credit reference agencies monthly, this should reflect on your report in 4-6weeks. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. I am unable to speed this process up for you, we will have this updated as soon as possible for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gazcav
Welcome to the community.
I'm sorry to hear about your concerns surrounding your credit file. There is a 21 day wait for a response to any credit file amendment queries at this time, this also includes if you have contacted creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk. If you have cleared the remaining balance, then we do update our credit reference agencies monthly, this should reflect on your report in 4-6weeks. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. I am unable to speed this process up for you, we will have this updated as soon as possible for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley