cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit refund

hconnery
Just joined

Hi, 

I have £45 credit in my account which I've just closed. The assistant at virgin said this would be refunded into my account automatically. Please could I ask when this would happen? 

I've seen elsewhere written that they might send me a cheque in the post, I live in an apartment and our post is frequently stolen, so the bank transfer (the same way the person said on the phone) would be much more appropriate. 

Thanks, 

Hannah

6 REPLIES 6

Keenzo
Up to speed

going frm info on here its normally by cheque around 45 days after you cancel the account but im sure a VM staff will verify

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@hconnery wrote:

Hi, 

I have £45 credit in my account which I've just closed. The assistant at virgin said this would be refunded into my account automatically. Please could I ask when this would happen? 

I've seen elsewhere written that they might send me a cheque in the post, I live in an apartment and our post is frequently stolen, so the bank transfer (the same way the person said on the phone) would be much more appropriate. 

Thanks, 

Hannah

Refer to the drop down info below ('I've recently left Virgin Media' box>>Billing and contract>>How does my final bill work?)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

which advises you will be refunded by direct debit if your direct debit is still in place. Cheque if you have moved.

However, don't expect any reliability in what VM says and VM actually does! You might get something different!

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hconnery 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry for the confusion over the final refund and also to hear the postal situation where you live.

Is your Direct Debit still active? If so the refund will be via BACS within 45 days.

If not, it will be via cheque within the same timescales.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

bernie8
Joining in

I'm also waiting over 8 weeks - these people make everything difficult and I'm pleased to be rid of them.

I've written to their payments office in Bradford - strange how everything is now snail mail when they only take your cash by debit.

Avoid this bunch at all costs!!

Hi bernie8, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've not received a refund yet on a closed account. 

This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi bernie8, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

I have raised a refund request for you as it's been over 35 days since your disconnection. 

The relevant teams will pick this up and issue the refund within the next 2 weeks. If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs