cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit file showing as missed payment even though account is settled

JammieDodger89
Tuning in

Hi All, 

I was looking for some advice on this. I recently closed my Virgin Media account, and sent my kit back, the final payment was taken this month by direct debit but on checking my credit file, Virgin Media has marked my file as a missed payment this month, which clearly isn't the case as on my account page it is showing as the bill being settled. 

Has anyone came across this before? Really not happy that I now have a mark on my credit file and I would like to get this resolved ASAP as I am currently looking to get a mortgage.

I have proof the direct debit left my account when requested, my account says the bill was paid yet Virgin have marked my account as having a missed payment. 

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The usual advice in these scenarios is to send an evidenced argument for the missed payment being inaccurate, to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk - they will investigate and respond on a 28day basis.

Was this final payment definitely generated after your final bill following disconnection? Many users think the last bill before disconnection is the "final" bill and inadvertently cause issues with final payments being outstanding.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JammieDodger89,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that there appears to be a dispute regarding a recent alleged missed payment. As @japitts has mentioned, was the payment for the final bill made before you noticed the mark on the credit file? The final bill is generated shortly after the services have been disconnected, usually around 10 days after.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for the responses, folks. 

My service was disconnected in January and I believe a final bill was then generated which was discounted after I returned my kit. The £40 for returning the kit was credited to my final bill and then I was charged the remainder on 3rd March.

My last regular bill payment was in January so no debits were taken from my account in February.

My direct debit was never cancelled so they could have taken their final payment whenever, I never received any communications stating I had to manually make a payment so I don't believe I've missed anything on my end. 

Also, to add on this. My credit report shows March as having a missed payment, even though the final payment was made in March. February is also showing on my credit report as a payment on time even though Virgin never took money from my account that month. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have a short time after posting to edit replies if anything needs adding.

Sounds to me like you've a good case to get some screenshots of the pertinent pages and email them to the address I mentioned above.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @JammieDodger89 

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill