cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit file amendments

almongo
Joining in

Ive had an ongoing dispute with virgin regarding a termination fee on my account 
I have had all transcripts copies from virgin sent to me 
The original dispute was that There agent never informed or did i agree that a new contract was to start 
I was with virgin for 4+ years and had various issues with the service no coming up to what i was sold 
plenty of engineer visits to try a resolve , i eventually went to cancel where There agent in the retention team 
said they could reduce the broadband costs down so it was more inline to what i was getting in terms of speeds 
instead of me leaving which i said was fine . Not one point in this call did the agent advise or explain to me he would 
start a new contract or if i was ok with it .  would he had i would  have not agreed to this and carried on with my termination at this time 
so 5-6 months down the line after still have issues with my broadband service asked them to cancel again , this time to be told i had to 
pay a termination fee , obviously shocked as i had never agreed 
Obviously i didt agreed to that a raised a dispute with them which has taken months to get information and to actually speak to anyone , in  the mean time i was unaware they where placing defaults on my account !! i paid the bill while i carried on the dispute with them to save more defaults going onto my credit file but the previousdefaults still remain , i would like this to be resolved rather than me taking further action where i 
would also need to claim for damages and time taken to sort this out 
tbh i just want the defaults taken off as there are not justified 

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi almongo,

Have you taken the dispute to CISAS or is it with the VM Complaints Team?

I can't see the credit file team making any amendments until the dispute is resolved, however you will need to supply the following details.

Name
Account Holders Name
Full Address where you had/have the services
A photo or screenshot showing the Virgin error on your credit file
Contact details for yourself
They will investigate this and come back to you within 28 days.

You can contact them by either post or email.

Consumer Underwriting, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3RZ
Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Good Afternoon

I have spoken to cisas and they have advised on a few processes i should go through with virgin first to find a solution but think 

this is just a matter of course and i cant see them doing anything but i have had the dispute with them for a few months and 

have contacted the credit file team and just awaiting there response but i cant imagine getting anywhere tbh 

i have allready cleared the amount disputed to stop more being put on while its being disputed 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The complaints process - of which CISAS is part - is separate and distinct from the credit file process.

@almongo wrote:

have contacted the credit file team and just awaiting there response but i cant imagine getting anywhere tbh 

You need to give the credit team a chance to rectify the alleged error in their timescales, which as newapollo has already mentioned, is on a 28day response basis. From the complaints we see on this forum, I don't ever recall seeing one where the customer has disputed the response after creditfileamendments have investigated.

VM's complaints process, including details of how CISAS fit in, is explained in this PDF , and a few other places on the website. The short version is that they accept escalations from complaints that are either unresolved after 8weeks, or deadlocked before that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes i do appreciate i will need to go through there process and timescale first as this is the point i am at 

currently exhausted all with the vm dispute team 

when i spoke to cisas this is the correct process 

From the complaints we see on this forum, I don't ever recall seeing one where the customer has disputed the response after creditfileamendments have investigated.

so from what your saying then most people are happy with the outcome from them ? 

Alot of my problem is the effects and costs i have incurred directly because of the defaults that were applied by vm and what i can do 

about that 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@almongo wrote:

currently exhausted all with the vm dispute team about that

Just to clarify, and to avoid doubt - are you saying that they have completed their 28day process, and have contacted you to say "we don't agree with your claims of an inaccurate entry, and we won't be making any amendments"?

If not, what do you mean by saying you've exhausted the process with them?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

just meaning with customer service side not the credit file side i am with them at the minute 

Hi almongo

Thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to read of this dispute, have you received any correspondence from the credit file team in the last few days?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Good afternoon john 

I have actually heard back from them today and yes they have now removed the defaults from my credit file . 

So it now leave me in the position of deciding what to do next 

these defaults have cost me just over £3600 in loss of time and stuff i needed to complete on which i couldnt because of the defaults 

Great to hear it's being sorted 🙂

I can only apologise for this, however we won't be able to refund the extra costs I'm afraid.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill