cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit file amendment

db1232
Joining in

Hello,

I've recently got in touch with your credit file amendment team as I urgently need support.

There is a missed payment flag on the account in error which is impacting my ex-housemates ability to get a mortgage. She did not live at the property at the time but your team had neglected to assist me properly in changing the name on the account. The missed payment was an error on your behalf that happened when I changed the Direct Debit details on the account - so the shouldn't be reflected on either of our credit files. Please can someone assist ASAP?

The account is now fully in my name.

Many thanks

Danni

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Danni, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

As the account was in your ex-housemates name, and the error has been recorded on their credit report, it will be them who will need to get in touch with us. 

They can dispute the error by raising directly with the credit referencing agency. They will send the information to us and we will take a look at this, correct anything that needs correcting and we then send the updates directly back. 

If your ex-housemate would prefer to raise this directly with us then in order for us to investigate this and look at things, we would need a bit more information from them. Please get them to send a copy of their credit file to us along with as much information as possible regarding the VM account, the information they believe is wrong and information on why it is wrong and we can look at the entry for them then. 
Please note the overall turnaround for a credit file resolution can take up to 28 days from the day we receive a copy of the credit file. They can send this via: 

• Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk 
  • Letter: Consumer Underwriting Services, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, B26 3RZ 

If you need any further help, you know where we are. 
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Thank you very much for the swift reply. I actually just received a response from the Credit File Amendments team - and they have resolved the issue. It should take 14 days for the credit file to be cleared of the flagged missed payment, so credit scores of both me and ex-housemate will no longer be impacted.

If it is helpful for anyone else going through the same thing - their automated email stated it would take 21 days to reply, but I got a resolution within 1.5 hours of emailing.

Thanks again

Hi db1232, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. That's excellent news - we're pleased to hear that the team were able to get this addressed and sorted for you. 

The reason we give the 28 day resolution time is due to the fact that credit referencing agencies only usually run updates once per month so although the credit amendments team can reply quite quickly in some circumstances, the credit file amendment wouldn't be actioned until the update is run by the credit referencing agency. 

Please keep an eye on both the files and if there is no update within the month, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs