cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit default

Dannygh8979
Joining in

I need help getting to the bottom of this problem has I haven't had virgin media for 5 years and I have no outstanding debt on the account but I have a default on my credit score. I have rang virging media and got passed from pillar to post about this situation and no one can help me. So now I have a default on my account which is stopping me from getting finance and a mortgage but they are quick enough to take your money but soon as we need help they just brush it under the carpet. So will some one please help me get to the bottom off this 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dannygh8979 

In regards to the credit default, you should email creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

It generally take up to 28 days for them to look into, update and remedy anything they have done to affect your credit rating.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I have emailed them but I haven't heard anything back 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When did you email them?

And did you provide full details of the alleged inaccurate credit file entry, with supporting evidence as to why you believe it to be inaccurate?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Supporting evidence like what it was years ago so how am I supposed to get stuff like that. Also I messaged them like 2 week ago 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In order to establish the validity of credit file entries, you need to have checked those credit files.

There are 3 main credit reference agencies (CRA) in the UK - Equifax, Experian & TransUnion. You can get a free statutory copy of your file from each of them.

https://www.equifax.co.uk/Products/credit/statutory-report & https://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/statutory-report.html are good places to start.

The credit amendments team may struggle to investigate an alleged inaccurate entry without you knowing the specifics of that entry. Much less judge it to be inaccurate if you claim it to be so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks