cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check existing customer

Rjt104104
Joining in

I'm considering moving my Virgin broadband broadband and TV account to a new address and committing to another fixed term contract. I'm currently on a rolling contract and have been a customer for many years.

Will this require a hard credit check? I'm between exchange and completion on a new home so I'm a bit anxious about changes to my credit file.

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rjt104104

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

According to the terms and conditions here - https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions - it does state the following; 

We are entitled to carry out credit checks on you at any time. This will be done by making searches about you at credit reference agencies who will supply credit information about you, as well as information from the Electoral Register.

However, as it's a Movers account, if you are still in contract at the current address, then it's a continuation of the contract if moving, so I would speak to the Movers team direct for clarity. 150 / 0345 454 1111 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill