Did you mean: 

Credit Score Ruined- Hard Search

carmelo83
Joining in
Without Prejudice

Dear sir/madam,

RE: Hard Search & Score Damage

I hope your are well.

As by subject, this email is regarding a hard search on my name and address.

Around two weeks ago ClearScore made me aware that Virgin Media has undertaken a hard search in my name and address.

Any company in the UK undertaking a such action is required by law to notify the interested part/individual regarding the action, but unfortunately I was not notified.

Nevertheless, this action has damaged  the credit score by 271 points, and the reputation. While the score was brilliant, the process to take a car finance has already began.

Unfortunately the previous car coughed fire; and now the purchase of a new one is impossible for months. Can imagine how a family with four children could be affected?

The wife have to run on buses and spent all time doing this, not less than six times a day, while mounting extra costs, and leaving behind other family commitments.

Being eligible for a loan; and sadly the loan not being approved is not Acceptable. It appears the search had a negative impact on the decision.

I believe the action your took, and the way how you acted is irresponsible, as you could understand we are sustaining loss, distress and damage, which we should not.

Please contact me as soon as possible to resolve this matter, as it is of extreme importance.

Thank you very much for your time and kind co-operation.

Kind regards,
Carmelo 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's technically no such thing as a credit score, only your credit file. Lenders, VM included, will put entries on your credit file relating to account conduct, and also search the same file when making lending decisions.

Some credit agencies will turn the data on said file into a "ratings" score and let you know it, but that's their interpretation and it's the data on your file that's the underlying issue.

What therefore matters here, is what VM's basis for searching your credit file was. Normally this is when you're applying for a new service or account, or perhaps adding services to an existing package - any or all of which could amount to additional and/or fresh lending.

If you're applying for any service online, I would expect and assume that a warning of a credit search is on the website - if by phone, it should be on the agent's script. VM CS are normally pretty good at following their scripts.

So with all this in mind - have you applied for any new/additional service(s) recently?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your copy/paste.

I didn’t asked for an opinion, nor for Virgin Media bot or advocating.

looking ahead to hear from staff members and provide instructions how to open a complain.

Cheers

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@carmelo83 

You can make a complaint by using the links provided and following the advice on the following page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My reply wasn't copy & paste, nor am I a bot.

If you want help on opening a complaint, then that's available here 

I'm quite confident the staff team are likely to ask some of the same questions I have, and answering them now will save the staff having to ask.

My response was based on experience responding to queries on here, and having some knowledge of how VM's processes and the credit industry works.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks