cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Default

christographer
On our wavelength

I've recently checked my credit report and I've noticed a default on a Virgin account from 2019, I'm not aware that I owed any money and haven't been informed that I have. I cannot log into my account to check as it was closed over 2 years ago. Can someone look into this for me, or provide an email I can use to raise the issue (I do not use phone for calls due to autism/communication difficulties). Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly you need to obtain a copy of your credit file from at least one of the 3 main credit reference agencies - Equifax, Experian & a third whose name escapes me.

Use that credit file to establish any entries that you believe are invalid or incorrect, and send all the details of those alleged inaccuracies - with supporting evidence - to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

You should receive a response within 28days, and if they agree with your claims of inaccuracy, corrections are arranged.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @christographer

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums! 

Thank you so much to @japitts for their advise on this and that is all correct.

I would be happy to look into your account with you too to check everything, I will pop you a PM now so we can do so. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.