cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit

lintern
Joining in

Hi there. Recently got Broadband with Virgin Media and noticed that I had a message saying I am close to my Credit Limit of £130 with upcoming charges at £118. My first bill is due to be paid by the 6th October as discussed when chatting to the Virgin Media team online. £80 is included in my first bill which I paid by direct debit on the day I signed up to Virgin Broadband which includes the one-off flexi fee and activation fee. Virgin have said my first bill will be £156 total which they can take £14 off but that will leave it at £142 and still over that £130 Credit Limit. Any suggestions on what I should do?

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Call in (give yourself a few hours and some anger management training) and ask them to have a look again at credit limit if no help is offered with increasing it you will need to pay the bill immediately to avoid restrictions.

Direct Debit will also still be taken and you're account will go into substantial credit for the following month.

Welcome to Virgin Media where nothing is straight forward or logical.

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, lintern,

Did the team advise what the breakdown of the bill might be? Or any options on what can be done about the credit limit? Also some good advice given by @Anonymous

Let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

The first bill will be £156 total, part of it is a £80 one-off fee which includes a £35 activation fee and a one-off flexi fee at £45 and the rest of the bill will be two months worth of service at £38 each month. My credit limit is set at £130 and will be past it once my bill is due to be paid which I have been told will be in October. Virgin did say I could pay some now to lower it but I have already paid the one of £80 fee as it shows in my bank but Virgin says it does not show on their systems, all I should owe Virgin now is two months worth of service with the total being £76.

Hi @lintern

Thanks for coming back to us. Okay so just in a general sense, your credit limit should be more than the first bill otherwise this will happen. 

So I will PM you now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lintern

Thanks for joining me on PM.

Just to update the thread, the credit limit was sorted 🙂

Have a lovely evening and if you do ever need us, pop us a public post and we'll be more than happy to help

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lintern

Thanks for joining me on PM.

Just to update the thread, a form was done for the back office to sort the credit limit. 

Do pop back and post publicly if you need further assistance 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team