Menu
Highlighted
jmulvey
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Credit Limit - Restricted TV

I have had a nightmare with my Account.  Since adding the TV to my package I have had to ring Support every month because I was being overcharged.  In get this resolved every month the support agent suggest that we cancel our direct debit.  We said absolutely not.  But guess what happened.  Yes they cancelled it and set a credit limit. So we wrote a letter of complaint asking VM to sort this out. We are still waiting for them to investigate and phone us back.  Then we got a bill that popped us over the credit limit.  So I went online and reluctantly paid it online.  Then all over the weekend I have had my TV functionality limited.  In ringing to get this sorted all VM can do is send out an engineer despite it saying Account Setup (M63) error.  We said it says Account Status 8:Closed.  So am having to wait for an engineering who is coming tomorrow for them to say oh its an account issue.  Disaster and poor poor service throughout this year.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit Limit - Restricted TV

Hi jmulvey

Thanks for you post

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your account

The credit limit on your account is roughly double the cost of your current package 

This is used more so as a safety feature to stop the bill running up to high 

For example high call charges can cause this 

In your case it may have been the new package plus any activation fees 

The error code would need an engineer to attend

Sounds like a box is stuck on activation and may need swapping out 

Can you let us know how the visit gores please

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
jmulvey
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Actually when the engineer came - there was nothing wrong with the box.  The process that Virginmedia use to restrict services didn't re-enable them fully so they had to remove the block and restore again.  This could have been done without an engineer so there needs to be a problem awareness ticket raised with your support people and a solution followed.  To save on sending people out when they are not really needed.

Our issue with Virgin Media over billing is, I think now resolved, but it ended up with us writing a physical letter and posting it to Virgin Media before we had someone really look at our issue and understand what was going on.  Its a shame that the telephone support cannot offer that kind of understanding of the issue to save us nearly six months of frustration.  

So if for whatever reason you get restricted services - when re-enabled and you get the Error - this in my case was nothing to do with the box.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused Jmulvey. 

||ZM 

0 Kudos