Menu
carrie25xo
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Credit Increase

I've had my sim now for 13 months, paid on time bar 1 month. I asked for a credit increase on 789, nobody ever came back to me with a descion getting frustrated with the lack of loyalty or help. Anybody got any ideas why Virgin are so difficult. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit Increase

Good Morning carrie25xo, 

Welcome to our community and forum pages and also for your first post 🙂 

I was sorry to understand that you have not got the help or information you needed when you called us.

Can we clarify what you mean by a credit increase? What are you looking for exactly? 

Credit Limits are there to protect you as a customer and us as a business. A Spending cap can be implemented or increased which may be what you are interested in? Or are you looking to take out another SIM or handset?

Please do let us know so we can best advise you 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
carrie25xo
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Looking for a phone. I spoke to 789 and requested a credit limit increase thing. Ie from sim to phone. But never heard anything back after being told to wait 3-5 working days.

I renewed my sim only recently to be told its going up from £8 to £11 in April and I can't cancel....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming carrie25xo, 

Sounds like you were looking to change your credit class which allows you to take out different handsets depending on what credit class you are on. 

The team who deal with this are not customer facing - they just review your account and will make any changes if applicable but they will not contact you; I am sorry about that. 

Unfortunately, this is not something we can do or authorise from our Forums so I would advise that you give us a ring on 789 so we can check for updates for you 🙂 

In regard to the recent price increase, affected customers have the right to cancel their contract without cancellation charges. 

Cheers 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
carrie25xo
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Okay where can I process this cancellation. I hate ringing 789

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi carrie25xo

If you wish to you can also text the team on 07533016422 between 8am and 7pm Monday to Friday 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
carrie25xo
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Gareth I've been told I can't do this on the text number you gave me. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about that carrie25xo, you can call our retentions team directly on 0800 183 1150 and they will be more than happy to discuss any updates on your account or cancel your services should you wish to do this.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
carrie25xo
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I don't want to call anyone I just want to cancel my sim only because your putting your prices up!!! I should be able to cancel simply by texting someone or writing a letter with 30 days notice. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

From the terms and conditions of the mobile contracts, the cancellation contacts are as follows:

(b) at any time after that for any reason by giving not less than 30 days notice to the Team on 789 from your Virgin Mobile handset or by calling 0345 6000 789*;

Unlike Broadband/TV services they don’t have a postal address listed.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos