Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit File Amendment

Ra00
Tuning in

Hi,

Hi Team,

This week I received debt collectors letters on 20/01/23 for a Virgin Media contract I have never had, as I am only a Virgin mobile customer.  The letter states that they have written to me many times, but this is the first I've seen these and become aware that I apparently own Virgin Media money.  I spent most of the day out of my work day ringing Virgin; in total, I called 17 times, and they cut me off about 5 times during this, no apology after spending hours and hours trying to get to the bottom of this spent 4-5 hours holding on and being put through from one department to another, it shocking customer service and nobody could assist apart from one lovely lady who even is willing to call me back tomorrow as I speak to the debt collectors to find out what A/c details they hold, as Virgin are not able to even view the file, after providing them with reference and A/c number provided on these letters. My credit history has been 999 has never been marked EVER and now Virgin have ruined my perfect credit, whereby I have never missed a payment, to makes things worse,  I'm trying to go through a new mortgage application for a new home and I'm am so stressed out by this. 

I have been a Virgin Mobile customer since 2014 ONLY, my contract will be coming to an end on April 23, and I will be taking my custom elsewhere, as I'm baffled to find that Virgin Media have got this so wrong, as you cannot even get Virgin Media broadband where I live.  I am been at the same address for 12 years. I can even provide proof through my Bank where I have direct debits for broadband providers I have been with over the years but never ever signed up or CAN get Virgin broadband where I live, when I was looking for a new service and Virgin were doing a good deal but did not offer the service in my area/post code. 

Please help to get the credit default removed as soon as possible so I can go through my mortgage and future house move successfully. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you got a free copy of your statutory credit report from at least one of the 3 main CRAs, to establish where this alleged default has come from? The first stage of any credit file investigation is to see what the apparent inaccuracy actually is.

With that, you should email creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk with full details of the allegedly inaccurate entry and your supporting evidence for removal - they should reply within ~28 days and arrange any necessary amendments.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you got a free copy of your statutory credit report from at least one of the 3 main CRAs, to establish where this alleged default has come from? The first stage of any credit file investigation is to see what the apparent inaccuracy actually is.

With that, you should email creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk with full details of the allegedly inaccurate entry and your supporting evidence for removal - they should reply within ~28 days and arrange any necessary amendments.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Ra00, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this billing issues.

I have looked into this and I can see you have spoke to the team about this, did they manage to get this resolved for you?

Also I would look at emailing the above email address, they would look into this and once they find out where this debt has come through they can remove the mark.

This can take up to 21 days to remove though, I would also maybe give the debt company a ring to see where they has come through. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Mathrew_ML

Thank you for reaching out.

unfortunately, the issue has not been resolved as virgin media or virgin mobile can’t even access this alleged file so I still don’t know the full details to where and how this debt has occurred.

all I know is that I’m never signed up or has virgin media broadband or cable services ever, and have been at the same address for 12 years. I do have a sim only mobile contract and have never missed a payment since 2014.

I will be contacting the debt collector to obtain further details if I succeed as I need this sorted out urgently, to avoid this having an impact on my perfect 999 credit history, so my mortgage application goes through without a hitch.

Many thanks

No problem at all and thank you for reaching out.

Did the team advise this charge is for a Virgin Media account? If so this wouldn't of been sent out on a Virgin Mobile bill.

After you have spoke to the debt team please do reach out with an update and we can take it from there.

Please also feel free to email the credit file team. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Mathrew_ML

I have called bw legal who have provided me with an address where allegedly the virgin broadband services were taken out and the start date for this contract with Virgin Media. The property address differ to where I have lived for over 12 years which has broadband services from different ISP providers for that same period.

So why would anyone take out two different broadband contracts, like stated, Virgin Media broadband does not cover my area code.

I have contacted the police and now logged this with the Fraud Action who have provided me with a crime reference number which I have provided to the debt collectors.

I will now triple check all my statement going back to 2017 and earlier to ensure no funds have been taken out and report this to my Bank too.

All your advise is appreciated.

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're reporting fraud issues to the Police, I recommend getting your statutory credit report from the 3 main CRA's.

Equifax, Experian & TransUnion.

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know this.

I am going to send you a PM so we can look into this and see what exactly has happened.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Dear Matthrew_ML

Nobody from the Virgin Media fraud team has contacted me so the error can be fully rectified, have provided all the information I had after speaking to the debt collectors.

Could this be escalated I need this to be resolved as soon as possible, as I'm trying to go through a mortgage application and this is impacting my credit greatly?

Many Thanks

Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you haven't heard back.

I can see someone did reach out on the 7th but the call was missed.

All I can do is refill the form back out to get this raised and looked into for you. 

I have filled this in and someone will reach out within 3 days, this has been escalated for you. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?