Menu
Anony-mouse
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cost of calling Virgin from landline

I suspect this has already been asked (and hopefully answered) but have not been able to find the information I need anywhere.

I am considering my existing service and upgrade options, including the possibility of adding a SIM only contract, and would like to discuss my options with a live member of staff.  However, I currently only have a landline with Virgin, so cannot call free from a mobile.

When I search the Virgin media website for a phone number, there are 2 options:

1. A (presumably) free 0800 952 8046 for joining customers
  2. 03454541111* for those looking to upgrade

When I click on the link *for call costs to our team from Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts, I am taken to a few PDF options, one 33 pages long, and another of 208 pages! I spent a while trying without success to find out how much it would cost to call Virgin media customer services from my landline.

Please can someone confirm whether or not the 0345 number is free to existing Virgin customers? If it is not, this will help me to decide that it is time to take my custom (and money) elsewhere. Having now spent half an hour going in circles, I am frustrated that what should be up front information is so inaccessible.

Thank you in advance to whoever can provide a simple answer!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cost of calling Virgin from landline

If you have a VM landline, dial 150. Its free.

As for the others, depends on your plan, the time of day, the prevailing wind and the particular phase the Moon and Saturn are in and whether they are retrograde or not.

So stick to 150.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Anony-mouse
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! I'll give it a whirl.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Anony-mouse and thanks for your question,

I can confirm it's free to call us on 150 from a Virgin Media phone, including Virgin Mobiles.

Calls to 0345 454 1111 are charged at the same rate as calling a landline and are usually deducted from inclusive minutes if you have them, though this depends on your carrier's policy.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos