Copy of chat

Lucy10
Tuning in

How do I acquire a copy of my recent chat with an agent

17 REPLIES 17

yekrub
On our wavelength

Hi Andrew_G

That is very useful information, thanks. There is bound to be a time when I forget to download a copy before I close a webchat!

yekrub
On our wavelength

Hi Kath_F

Just set up a little webchat and then closed it down and I was never given an option to request a transcript by email.

Please will explain in a little more detail how that system works.

HI @yekrub thanks for getting back to us.

In our webchats we do send out whatever has been said in the webchat from both sides of the conversation at the point of its request.  You request it by clicking on the + symbol at the bottom.  It's always best to do this at the end of the chat.  When you click on the symbol you then need to key in your email address.

Regards

Lee_R

Also @yekrub

Our webchat is provided by a 3rd party software and we do not have the ability to edit the transcripts. 

Regards

Lee_R

yekrub
On our wavelength

Hi Lee_R

I apologise if I suggested that Virgin edited webchat transcripts. It was never intended.

What cannot be disputed is that the information given to me by Virgin agents in later correspondence about the summary notes made at the end of webchats by Virgin does not reflect the actual content of the webchats. Even when this is pointed out Virgin then still continues to rely on the summary notes and refuses to check back to the source data.

At that point all possibility of the problem being a mistake is eliminated and Virgin's position becomes a very positive decision to be a party to the lie.

yekrub
On our wavelength

Hi Lee_R

Thanks, that worked well. It is much easier to search thru than a downloan of the webpage.

When it is so easy and accurate, it really does make me wonder again why Virgin chooses to rely on separate, more time consuming and less accurate summaries of the conversations written by their agents. They have great potential to cause further problems at a later date.

Regards

Hi @yekrub

That's strange, what you're describing sounds more like notes recorded on accounts?  Usually these are obtained by doing a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR)

Regards

Lee_R

yekrub
On our wavelength

Hi Lee_R

They are the notes on accounts but that is what Virgin agents rely on when referring to earlier webchats. They do not look at what was actually recorded during the webchat, which gives the webchat agent a chance to omit or change anything that may show them in a poor light. It also makes it very difficult for a customer to counter as they have no idea what a later agent is seeing. Just just one of the ways Virgin stacks the deck against the customer.