Copy of chat

Lucy10
Tuning in

How do I acquire a copy of my recent chat with an agent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lucy10
Tuning in

I don’t understand why the agent i chatted with is not able to send me a copy of the chat he said he doesn’t have access 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Lucy10
Tuning in

I don’t understand why the agent i chatted with is not able to send me a copy of the chat he said he doesn’t have access 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

IIRC there's an option during the chat session, to have a copy sent by email once you've finished.

What was the query - can the forum help instead?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lucy10,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

There would be an option on the chat window itself to request a copy of the transcript be emailed to you once the web chat ends and is closed. May I ask what the chat was regarding? We may be able to assist you from here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

think I might just switch to another provider price is way too expensive and customer service is pretty poor

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lucy10,

I am sorry that you feel this way. Could you please tell us what the chat was regarding, as we may be able to help via the Forum?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

yekrub
On our wavelength

If you know when and where the option to have a copy of a chant sent by email at the end of the chat that would be very useful info to pass on.

I was told to take a screenshot but that only shows what is on screen at the time.

I did discover that celecting 'save page as' from the browser menu saved the full chat - but that was no thanks to the web chat operator.

This is a very important point as it appears the operators write notes about the conversation when it is over and they can be very inaccurate.

These notes (not the full web chat) are what customer service operators and and a Virgin forum member have quoted back to me in later discussions - I am at the moment waiting to see if the forum member will review the detail of the chat as I have asked.

We all need to take great care on this point and ensure we retain our own recirds.

Hi yekrub, 

As agents, we're not able to send the chats to you via email. The option to send the chat to you via email is only seen at your end for you to do. 

We also don't have access to view chat transcripts so we're not able to review information you discussed. Notes are left on the account to should what was discussed after each call and/or webchat. This is to allow agents entering the account next to see what was discussed. 

We can certainly feedback the issue that the agent you spoke to was unaware of how to guide you to saving the chat. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

VM do retain all chat transcripts; They won't be routinely available to agents due to data protection rules, but a customer can get copies by completing the form here.  VM have up to 30 days to respond.

yekrub
On our wavelength

Hi Kath_F

From your reply I take it that Virgin create two records from a webchat. The first is an exact record of what is said and the second is a summary written by only one of the participants and not shared with the other. The first will therefore always be correct but the second may be, and I have cases to prove it does happen, very inaccurate and completely one-sided.

Virgin however choose to only make the inaccurate records available to customer service agents, who later have to make decisions in which the content of the webchat may be a significant factor.

Please tell me I mis-understood your first post and this is not the case.