cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling off period and contract

Blakey47
On our wavelength

I'm a bit baffled here.

First of all i was offered an upgrade to gig1 for an additional £7 a month which didn't seem to go through then last Friday it was applied to my account and I got the speed boost.

Unfortunately, it's not much of a boost on WiFi devices so this morning I opted to use the right to go back to my previous contract under the cooling off period.

Spoke on online chat and said I wanted to go back to the 500mb broadband and talk weekends package for £38 that I was previously on .

Initially, I was offered the same package as I was on before for £51 but I said no, I want to exercise my right to go back as per the cooling off policy.

After a long conversation (time wise) I managed to get it confirmed that I'd go back to 500 broadband and talk weekends for £38 and he told me my next bill would be £38.94 due on 12th April. That sounded absolutely spot on.

So I've just received a contract that says it's £38 a month and it appears it's just for broadband only. My phone has vanished.

It also says the next bill will be £46.94 to take into account the change of package. That's definitely wrong as I was only on the £45 package for 4 days and 4 days of an additional £7 upgrade most certainly isn't more than £7!

Also instead of going back to my old contract as per the terms and conditions of the cooling off period It seems that they've given me a new 18 month contract starting tomorrow.

Surely everything should revert back to my original contract date and package as it was as if I hadn't made an upgrade. 

I hope that the email is incorrect but I would like some clarification

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Blakey47 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced issues regarding your deal and I would be happy to take a closer look into this with you via a PM. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.