cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling off period - 2022 Update

frankandhana
Joining in

I just wanted to double check that there is still a 'cooling-off' period for Virgin Broadband (only) - I believe with the distance selling act (bought online) we are protected that way anyway but just wanted to be sure as we have now signed up for an 18-month contract with Virgin for the M-100 service - no phone. 

We have no idea how this service will hold up and still have the option of using Sky Fibre which will go alongside our Sky TV account - so makes sense to do but is a much longer install time and - having used VM around 15 years ago, I found their fibre to be absolutely amazing, so opted to go this way, with the hope that if it isn't as good these days, we can then cancel and go back to the BT/Openreach provided FTTP instead through Sky.

Just really eager to know that we can indeed cancel if it doesn't work out well in the first 14/30 days? Also, without penalty? 

Another reason for asking is we almost got really stung by taking out a Vodafone home broadband package as it was backed up by 4G/5G (depending on availability) and at the last minute I opted out but they tried to keep me in contract which got sorted in the end but took several hours and phone calls, as well as multiple agents spoken to and still awaiting the refund for payments taken, which I am assured will happen but don't want a repeat - so if there is no COP I will cancel before the kit arrives...

Thanks in advice for any advice/support you can offer!

Frank (& Hana).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sherv
Tuning in

Hi, the cooling off period is 14 days.

Thanks.

Sherv.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

sherv
Tuning in

Hi, the cooling off period is 14 days.

Thanks.

Sherv.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Frank(& Hana)

Yes you can still cancel VM within the first 14 days of it being activated. 

As per Terms & conditions cooling off period 

M. Cooling off rights

1. If you have ordered any of the services online, by telephone or from an agent attending at your home and have entered into a new contract with us you have a statutory right to cancel an order for those services within the cooling off period, which is 14 days from the latest of:

1. the day after the delivery of the equipment;

2. the service start date; and

3. the day on which you received a copy of these terms and conditions in printed or PDF format.....

3. You can cancel your order by making any clear statement to us regarding that cancellation by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles may vary);

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG; or

3. completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to us at the address specified on the form.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @frankandhana,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post. We're here to help. 🙂

As advised by @newapollo and @sherv, the cooling off period at Virgin Media is 14 days. You can read more about this in our terms and conditions here: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.

Please let me know if there's anything else we can do to help. We're happy to assist.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you Sheri, much appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Hi, yes, newapollo and Sherv answered the question - many thanks to them both.

Kind regards

Frank (& Hana)

Hi @frankandhana,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear it.

Please do let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Just to confirm, this is 14 days after it’s been activated and I’m receiving the service.  Not after I sign up??

Hi Danmason77,

That is correct. It will be after the service is installed and service is activated. 

^Martin