cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract

Kimmarie
Joining in

Once my contract has ended can I get rid of the WiFi and just have phone and TV package 

13 REPLIES 13

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately virgin don't do TV and phone packages, you must take their broadband

We currently have the phone and TV package,  so if the box breaks I have to get one with wifi ? When the contract up can I change the type again

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Kimmarie 

If you are out of contract, or coming to the end of a contract then you can negotiate a new deal and also a possible free switch to a different TV set top box

You can switch to a broadband connection at any time and then choose to either switch to the V6 box (faster than your TIVO, which can record up to 6 channels at a time, and more apps, and still uses the same Tivo interface that you are used to)  or you can decide to take out the TV360 box which is the same as a V6 except it uses the Horizon interface instead of Tivo and so lacks some of the TIVo functions, and also includes a voice enabled remote.

<<< This thread >>>  discusses some of the differences between  the Tivo/V6 and 360 box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

So basically,  I'd we fo with wifi, we are stuck with it

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kimmarie wrote:

So basically,  I'd we fo with wifi, we are stuck with it

I'm not sure what this means, but all Virgin TV packages now have a requirement for Virgin broadband.

What's the issue you have with your broadband?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Kimmarie,

Virgin TV boxes have always used a broadband connection, if you currently have an old TiVo box that has a modem built in so it might not be obvious that it is connected to broadband, the V6 and 360 boxes both require 2 connections, the coax for live TV and a internet connection either by ethernet cable or Wi-Fi for everything else, on demand, box updates etc.

But we don't have WiFi at home ,

@Kimmarie wrote:

But we don't have WiFi at home ,

The virgin router will provide the wifi.

What exactly do you have now ?

Just tv and phone, we don't use WiFi and don't want it, we use our mobile data for apps and games etc