cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract?

Ashseck
Tuning in

I’ve been trying to get a contract with virgin for sometime and keep being fed line after line. They’re latest one is that I need to come on here and get other users to give me a contract. I am 100% sure this is utter bull5hit but here I am asking. Is there somehow any truth in this…? Can someone here give me a good enough deal to make me stay with Virgin…? 
Thank you! 

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just on a couple of small points...

"I don’t know what an ISP is.
Sorry again, I don’t use any wired internet (except the bit into the wall). I just use the Wi-Fi. This is confusing, does this mean I need another router to get the Wi-Fi to go further? "

ISP stands for Internet Service Provider - the company who supplies our internet. VM is a broadband-ISP who supply your home with a broadband connection as part of a package of services, and included in that is a free router. It's a basic router, but a free one all the same.

"Do Virgin Media even have contracts?"

Yes, you can't have VM service without one. They don't do a pre-pay based TV or broadband service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ashseck,

Thank you for coming back to us. Yes, we do have contracts, and once you get through to a team member and re-negotiate your package or monthly price, we will make an offer for a new price, for a contract that will most likely be 18 months, as this is our common contract length.

Please give our team a call and let us know how you get on. If there's anything else you'd like our help with - such as your broadband, please give us a shout and we'll be more than happy to help. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for all the help, unfortunately I managed to get through to virgin today and the cheapest contract I can get is £48… weird as that’s more than what I pay out of contract. 
Thanks again to everyone trying to help but I can’t afford to stay with Virgin. 
If only you lot worked for Virgin, maybe things could work out different. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

to add some iinfo - when you joined you had a 12 or 18 month contract - its [sort of] flexible in that tou could leave by giving 30 days notice but they would charge you an early termination fee - max is or was £240 - when that initial contarct expires you go onto a 30 day rolling contract - that means you can leave any time by giving 30 days notice and there is no cost other than your normal bill

if you ring retentions and get a deal then thats will start a new 18 month contract - deals have some sort of discount so after the 18 months your price will rise as the discount ends so on the roundabout again to get a new deal

you need to ring but importantly you need to speak to someone in the UK so

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

theres a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

if you get offshore hang up and start again 

if you do get a deal and stay then there are things you could try with your wifi to improve things without spending money - they may or may not help - adding a good wifi router certainly will - VM offer pods but they can cost you £5 a month forever - they help but are a poor cost benefit - better to buy something that you can keep and use whoever your provider is

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Ashseck, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies to hear that we were unable to make an offer on a suitable package for you. 

Offers and promotions are always changing so there may be a new offer available. If this isn't the case then we understand you need to do what's right for you. We wish you well with your new provider. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Honestly, we’ve been on a rolling contract the whole time. 
I called and spoke to someone that told me the very cheapest contract I could get was £48 a month. Crazy when you consider the rolling contract is £44 a month 🤣 
I’ve already signed up to a different internet provider. It took roughly 15 minutes. A lot better than the near three weeks I’ve just spent trying to talk to virgin. Im still not sure why I wasn’t allowed a contract but not my issue anymore. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

i assume you have given VM 30 days notice if not the rolling contract will continue and they will keep billing you

Tony.
Sacked VIP