cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewed without permission when moving house, now cancelled

KevByrne
Joining in

We have recently moved house and arranged to move our existing contract to the new property, this was done via online chat and we were assured on several occasions that this would not start a new contract term.  Right at the end of the conversation the representative sent us the following message;

"Having no new contract is an exclusive reward for moving customers only at the moment. We’re still working on getting our systems updated to reflect this, so as a result of booking your move today, you may receive a minimum term contract to your new address. Please disregard this as I’ve sent your move details over to a dedicated team who will ensure your account is amended to reflect our conversation today"

Originally I accepted this at face value however I then found that my existing direct debit was cancelled and a new one setup, I was also notified that my SIM card was being cancelled.  I contacted your customer support number and was told that we had been signed up for a new 18 month contract, I can only assume that your representatives receive commission on new contracts and so are lying to customers and setting up new contracts without their permission. (I have screen shots of the entire conversation)

I spoke to your complaints department who could do nothing and then customer retentions who said my only option was to cancel under the 14 day cooling off period.  I have been assured that we will not have any cancellation charges however I am concerned that you will try and charge us for the remaining term on our old contract.

I have seen on a similar post that someone was going to have their old contract reinstated for the remaining term, is there any way that we can have our previous contract reinstated for the remaining term as we were previously promised.  We have approximately 6 months remaining on our contract and are paying a negotiated discounted rate of £80 per month.

If this cannot be reinstated please can you confirm that we will not be charged any cancellation fees as the contracts are being cancelled through no fault of our own.

Kind Regards

Kevin Byrne

1 REPLY 1

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KevByrne,

Sorry to hear this has happened after the move 

I can take a look at this for you 

However as a Forum Team we are not able to change packages, reinstate former contracts etc 

But I can Look at the current contract and help with that side of things, should you wish to leave early without any penalty fees 

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L