cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal/CEO team

rachcanuk
Joining in

18 months ago, I had a nightmare with no landline for 8 months. It was sorted and compensation arranged by Laura Hackett in CEO team. She was amazing. She gave me a number to call back and review when contract was up for renewal. When I did, the number (0800 052 0264) is no longer in use and I was bounced to a call centre. They don't know how to (or won't) contact the CEO team. When I told him the package price would be too expensive (at present 68 quid moving to 98 quid) he helpfully reduced it to 95 quid.... despite repeatedly asking to be passed to Laura and saying I can't afford that he didn't offer any real solutions. How do I contact the person I'm supposed to if the "customer services" offer no customer service. I then tried to do it online, it pushes me to a chat function that isn't working. Seriously thinking leaving virgin media is the best/only option

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Comments from users over recent months suggest the CEO Complaints team have been disbanded or otherwise reigned in.  You'll have to take you chances by trying to speak with Retentions, unfortunately that means "playing the game".  Phone up and ask to cancel, that should get you through to retentions, although performance is very variable at the moment.  If they can't give you a deal you like, tell 'em you're cancelling.  To set expectations, VM performance on cancellations has been utterly diabolical lately.... 

The best price you can get from Retentions will be essentially driven by roughly comparable deals offered by other companies, not by what you paid last year, not by "loyalty" or fairness.  So check on price comparison site, and know what you could be paying with EE, Sky or other companies, quote that to them. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Comments from users over recent months suggest the CEO Complaints team have been disbanded or otherwise reigned in.  You'll have to take you chances by trying to speak with Retentions, unfortunately that means "playing the game".  Phone up and ask to cancel, that should get you through to retentions, although performance is very variable at the moment.  If they can't give you a deal you like, tell 'em you're cancelling.  To set expectations, VM performance on cancellations has been utterly diabolical lately.... 

The best price you can get from Retentions will be essentially driven by roughly comparable deals offered by other companies, not by what you paid last year, not by "loyalty" or fairness.  So check on price comparison site, and know what you could be paying with EE, Sky or other companies, quote that to them.