cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract price not as agreed

rnmh1964
Tuning in

I was all set to leave Virgin after 21 years and had agreed a better price with a competitor After spending almost all day speaking to several people before finally being able to leave my Virgin contract, as they kept trying to sell me more deals even though I clearly to them I wanted to leave, I then received a call offering me a much lower price to stay. I  stupidly agreed but then when the contract was emailed it was £5 more. I have rung twice now and been told that a manager has to approve the extra £5 discount and it will be applied within 24 hours. Well its been longer than that and it hasn't! Apparently there is a "note on the system" that shows the extra £5 but until I have it in writing I am not happy to believe it. Should I put in a complaint or just leave as planned, I don't want to lose the better deal I had with the other company and no one at Virgin seems to want to help "just wait 24 hours" is all I am told. Extremely poor service!!

8 REPLIES 8

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rnmh1964,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the with your new contract price. 

Can you confirm when the request was put through for the credit?

^Martin

It was agreed on Friday afternoon. I was told the revised contract with the discount would come through before 5.30pm that day when a manager had authorised it. It didn't so I phoned and someone else told me they had put a request in and it would be done within 24 hours which was last night and still nothing. I had a good deal elsewhere which I am not prepared to lose if things are not resolved with Virgin so I need to know exactly what I am going to be paying.

Strangely VM don't change contracts once its been added to the "system", thats what I have been told. This means that the price on your contract isn't necessarily the price you will be charged and you will need to check every month that the agreed rolling discount is being applied to your next bill. Crazy I know, I tried to get my contract price amended to clearly state the agreed price for the services but was unsuccessful.

Thanks for replying. If thats the case when I ring them AGAIN tomorrow then I will definitely be leaving. I want a contract with an agreed price in writing.

Hi Rnmh1964, 

Thanks for coming back to us about this, I am sorry you're unhappy with this situation with your written contract.

What NinjaMeerkat has said is true, if there is a discount that we need to add to the account manually, like a rolling credit or manager credit, it will not be added onto the contract summary that is sent via Email. 

However, we can confirm what your contract entails including the manager's £5 credit via a PM here on the forums if this is something you'd like as an alternative?

Also, any credits that are added onto the account will be shown on your Online Account  once the bills have been generated (If a credit was applied after a bill has been generated for that month, it will not show until the next month's bill. But your bank statement will show a lesser amount taken.)

Thanks,

Megan_L

All I would like is something in writing, such as an email, stating that I have a £5 discount which will be deducted from the price of my contract and  from my bill each month throughout its length. I am at a loss as to why this cannot be shown on my contract and I am very wary that as i have nothing in writing then it will not be applied. I am happy to send you a PM with the price details agreed if you wish. If this is not actioned today then I will be calling to leave and continue my move to a competitor as this has been extremely stressful and not a way to try and keep loyal customers

Hi Rnmh1964, 

I can certainly look into getting this information sent over to you 🙂

I'd like to create a formal complaint for you as well seen as you've expressed such unhappiness about this ordeal, we can get your poor journey logged and the actual issue resolved in an official capacity. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can get the ball rolling with this.

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rnmh1964,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I am so glad we managed to get this issue resolved for you today. 

If you need any further help, please let us know on a public post and we will be more than happy to assist!

Thanks so much for being a pleasure. 

Kindest regards,

Megan_L