cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract not cancelled as agreed

Wheels555
Joining in

Hi,

I contacted VM to cancel my account on 21 January following the recent price increase and was told I was able to cancel out of my contract early at no extra charge and just the normal 30 days notice, which should have ended yesterday.

I contacted VM on Saturday and got through to an indian call centre who said they could see my call but it hadnt been cancelled properly, so would need to give another 30 days notice!? Im moving in with my parents in 5 days so cant wait that long, plus dont want to keep paying for a service im not using! I was then told i could cancel early but pay the £300 to the end of my contract and resolve this with billing later?? 

I was then transferred to the billing team who assured me it had been cancelled and i wouldnt be charged this month, yet my bank account this morning shows another collected payment? I just need to know whats going on... I cant seem to speak to anyone who actually understands the issue and just want to resolve it asap with someone from a UK call centre!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you've told them they have 30 days notice within the price rise "window", which would have been the case on 21st January, then it's their problem if they didn't enact it properly - poor administration of contract changes is unfortunately common with Virgin Media. 

I'll flag this for the helpful forum staff, they'll try and get this resolved for you, which should be cancellation with 30 days notice as from 21st Jan.  Any problems and report back here, and we can explain the options for complaints and escalation, which work out costly for VM.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you've told them they have 30 days notice within the price rise "window", which would have been the case on 21st January, then it's their problem if they didn't enact it properly - poor administration of contract changes is unfortunately common with Virgin Media. 

I'll flag this for the helpful forum staff, they'll try and get this resolved for you, which should be cancellation with 30 days notice as from 21st Jan.  Any problems and report back here, and we can explain the options for complaints and escalation, which work out costly for VM.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Wheels555

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're leaving us and the confusion caused by the agent. I can look at confirming this for you if you like? 

We would need to continue this conversation via private message so I can locate the account and pass account security with you. Please look out for my PM in your inbox. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you very much, managed to speak to someome again just 10 minutes ago, who now says it has been cancelled as agreed (all service ended yesterday) and although my DD was taken for my payment amount, I am due a refund which I should get via cheque within  28 days...great haha

Ah no worries then @Wheels555

Glad to hear it was all sorted and for letting me know. 

You'll receive your cheque refund through the post to the address on the account, as I can see you mentioned you're moving out of the property in 5 days, just wanted to confirm you have organised to have your mail forwarded on or did you give your forwarding address to us so we can send the cheque to your new address? Don't want any further delays with your refund. Let me know and you can join the PM I sent you and answer the security questions and we'll get that arranged. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you very much for joining me on private message @Wheels555

Glad we got everything confirmed and sorted for you. 

If you have any concerns with understanding your final bill you can use this helpful guide for support.

If you have not received the returns packaging before you move then you can request another repaid returns package to a different address here 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :).

All the best, 

Here to help 🙂
Carley