cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract needs amending

MackenzieReade
Joining in

Recently, I had to amend my broadband contract as I had been sold the wrong package over the phone. Nearly two weeks ago, I had tried calling to amend the contract several times and was hung up on twice. Eventually, we were able to get the contract cancelled and switch to the one that we needed via WhatsApp. However, the person on the other end said that they only offered the 18 month contract but could get their manager to switch us to a 12 month contract within 48 hours. It has been 11 days since and we have recieved nothing about the contract length being changed. On another note, I have also checked my bill and noticed an activation fee which I wasn't made aware about and would like clarification on this as well as for my contract to actually be what I wanted in the first place. I have screenshots of said WhatsApp chat if they are necessary. 

3 REPLIES 3

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there MackenzieReade,

Welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced regarding this, to clarify was it over Whatsapp where the 12 month contract was offered?

Also was the activation fee advised to be waived upon agreement?

Let us know,

Kain

Yes, the 12 month contract was offered to me over WhatsApp. I don't believe that an activation fee was mentioned at all throughout the process.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will pop you over a private message to confirm some details. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.