Menu
cfcmurdoch
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contract minimum period about to end

My minimum period is about to end in just over a month. After this my bill is going up around 40%. I've not had the most enjoyable time with Virgin (trying to sort out a V6 has been a nightmare) so I've been looking at Plusnet who are offering a really good deal (£27.99 for 66mb broadband and phone - we have Freesat so TV not important).

However, I'm happy enough to stick with Virgin if I can get an offer. Is there a way I can enquire about a better deal? I used to work for Sky and the rule we had at the time (this was 15 years ago!) was anyone who asked for an offer wouldn't get one. Not sure if it's the same for Virgin.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contract minimum period about to end

You can ring up and negotiate a discount. It won’t be the same as a new customer deal though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Highlighted
cfcmurdoch
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I wasn't a "new" customer as such. I was a moving house customer. They put me on a new contract even though in my mind it was a continuation. They transferred over my existing deal. I'll give Plusnet a call and then cancel my Virgin if it's unlikely they'll match my deal.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving home always puts you on a new contract. It will be a continuation of the price you were paying previously but beware you will be locked into a new minimum term. That’s covered in the terms and conditions as moving Home is technically you breaking the contract.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi cfcmurdoch, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

As mentioned by Shafreya, your best bet is speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to go through things with you. 

If having freeview suits you then discuss the options of a dual service instead as this could benefit you and bring the overall cost down too. 

Let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos