cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract has been extended without my consent or knowledge

vinutd
Joining in

I'd joined Virgin Media in October 2020 with a contract up to April 2022.

I moved address in February 2021 and transfer the exact same services to my new address. It appears this had "renewed" my contract to August 2022 without my consent or knowledge.

Your terms state that the contract does not change unless the services do but my services remained the same, there had been no changes.

I have ring up a few times to end the contract and I was told I was still in contract and would incur charges. I was really confused why I was told my contract would end in August 2022 so I have looked into this further and found that my contract should not have changed according to your terms as mentioned above.

Please can you look into this matter.

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you move home and take your services with you, it is technically a disconnection/reconnection. A manual adjustment is made to replicate a pre-existing package and alter any contract dates that need doing so.

If that manual adjustment hasn't happened, the forum staff can usually arrange this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @vinutd,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been having a contract issue since your house move. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. Just to confirm, have you checked your contract in your my VM account to see if any changes have been made? Have you also had any recent correspondence from us regarding your contract since your house move? You may find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home

Please get back to us and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I have looked at my account online and also my services remained the same so my contract should not have changed from the original contract in October 2020.

Hi @vinutd,

Thank you for taking a look over things on your end. So we can investigate further from here, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!