Menu
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Contract ending soon

My current 12 month contract is up soon (I am in last couple of months and am now paying the full cost against the previous discounted one).

If I remember correctly do VM have a renewal department and if so how do I contact them?

Last time my contract was running out I was offered a deal by a salesman via live chat only to be told a few weeks later that they should not have offered it at the quoted price. I then somehow got in touch with a different person (Who I think was something to do with renewals) who gave me an even better deal. He then proceeded to tell me that when the 9 month introductory offer expired (12 month contract) I should contact them again to see what deals they could give me.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contract ending soon

There is not a renewals department. You either talk to bog-standard sales reps (who are not always UK based & tend to tell you what you want to hear rather than what is actually on offer). The other option (& the best) is to talk to Retentions (150 Option 1 then 4 then 5). They are effectively the "leaving" department, but have far more to offer than sales & are UK based.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Hunnipot
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Been on the phone since 7pm trying to sort this out, and then being passed on and on.

Just saw this post so tried the numbers you have advised, and then just been cut off after holding for 15 mins.

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
neil_keeton1
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying to get hold of Virgin for 3days they seem to have a system of evasion to stop you leaving but they are good at sending emails with ridiculous new contract fees and no way of getting hold of them and when you do they have technical difficulties and tell you to ring back well I have had enough I will be going to my bank Monday and they will get no more money from me I am cancelling the direct debit these are the best con artists no wonder this country is in the mess it is does anyone have a number for the onwardsman everybody should report this company 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteMead

I appreciate you dropping by on the forums and thanks for posting.

In order to speak to our teams about this please call to chat to them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 where they would be happy to look into a package review with you.

They open from 8am-10pm Monday-Sunday.

Let us know how you get on when you call Smiley Happy

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
dealto
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Beware Virgin Media Community,

Apparently, you need to give a month notice to avoid paying a higher rate than what you are on now, what a scam, I thought they would get in touch, to give me options, I think its only fair if they are looking for loyalty. 

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

dealto wrote:

Beware Virgin Media Community,

Apparently, you need to give a month notice to avoid paying a higher rate than what you are on now, what a scam, I thought they would get in touch, to give me options, I think its only fair if they are looking for loyalty. 

The higher rate being the going rate for the services you use? Seems like you've joined as a new customer and had a new customer rate or had some sort of discount added to your account already, what makes you think you should be able to pay less than what the services cost? Loyalty doesn't mean asking for discount, if you were a loyal customer, you'd not be asking for stuff cheaper. 

0 Kudos
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Phoned as suggested and got straight through. 

Explained the situation and was offered a £25 per month saving together with upgrade to my broadband from 200 to 300 MBPS which of course I was happy to accept. They are also sending a new hub and replacement handset foc so very happy with everything.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteMead

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy 

It is great to hear you were able to make some savings against your package and also great to see you are going to receive some new equipment on top! 

Appreciate you letting us know.

Thanks
Ian_LP

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Fredup
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

With a price increase of over 30% looming at the end of my contract, "retentions" will be getting a call and will need to at least match the offers from Sky ( and others) being collected in the next week, before the 31 day notice needs to be sent. How many hours of "pay tv" is needed to justify an expenditure approaching £80 a month on top of the ,admittedly, superior broadband  and (unused) phone line where a call lasting a few seconds costs as much as 7 (and up to 20) minutes on some mobile networks.

0 Kudos