cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract end date

Dsow94
Joining in

Hello,

My virgin media contract is coming to an end on 31st July and I've been offered a great deal from Youfibre. I decided to give my cancellation notice so have been speaking to a virgin customer relations advisor via WhatsApp today.

I have spent most of the day speaking to this advisor and was offered numerous deals which I rejected as they don't appeal to me and my current circumstances. Eventually the advisor processed my notice period and said my services would be cancelled on 30th July which is great. 

I was shocked when I was then told my final bill would be £245.53 (my current deal is £46 per month) as apparently I had re-contracted in May of this year and still had 16 months left on my contract. I told the advisor that I never re-contracted and actually only have 1 month left on my contract and even showed a screenshot of my contract end date taken from my virgin media account page. The advisor continued to insist I still had 16 months left on my contract even after the provided proof. 

I don't understand how this mistake has happened and would like to know if anyone else has had an issue like this and what the resolution was?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you make any changes to your package in May?

What does your June bill say, with respect to any discount expiry dates?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No changes made at all in May.

My June bill states that my discounts are due to expire on 31st July. 

Hi Dsow94,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community and for your post, sorry to hear you have been advised you are still in contract when your online account shows otherwise, I was able to have a look at things our end and will be happy to discuss this further.

I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dave,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and clearing security, as advised your disconnection has now been added, once disconnected you will receive a returns kit to send our equipment back.

Regards

Paul.