Menu
ROSIE18
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Contract details

I was told I was taking out 12 month contract now ive been billed more than double after the 12 month is up also  been charged 35 pounds for the year when it written in contract at £30 monthly .Hve I been ripped off by virgin . I'm a pensioner and cannot afford £ 70 odd  a month .Help please .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract details

its possible the price of the contract was £70 discounted to £30 for 12 months.

if you are out of contract you can call in and see f you can get a better deal but it wont be as good as new customers or give 30 days notice and cancel and look for a cheaper provider.

ROSIE18
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi , I told the rep I was thinking about cancelling my Sky package as I couldn't really afford it . I was paying around £40 for Sky so he offered the £30 a month for 12 months , he knew I couldn't afford £70 odd  so surely he didn't sign me up for it .He told me it was for 12 months and didn't mention anything about 18 months or the £70 odd  a month  after the 12 month was up . I feel I have  been scammed by Virgin The paper contract I signed does not have a term length but it does say £30 month the term has not been filled in I have been charged £35 a month for a year , now they expect me to pay more than double I just cant afford it so they will just need to cancel as they cant get blood out of a stone . Someone has done something underhand somewhere , It is a total disgrace treating people like this . The stress of the worry is making me ill . It is just not right VIRGIN !!!!! 

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Some decent new customer offers with many providers right now.  A shame virgin won't try to keep customers by at least matching new customer prices with competitors.  Instead preferring the cost of advertising for new customers and cost of installation and equipment provision for new customers.  

Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nothing underhand has been done. You have just assumed that contracts just finish once the MINIMUM term is up. They just go to rolling undiscounted contracts once up.

You need to either ring up and negotiate another contract with a low price (probably won’t get £30/£35 again as that would of been a new customer offer), or cancel and take up another companies new customer offers.

Regarding the the price it may of been £30 to start with but VM annually review/increase their prices, as the terms of the contract allow them to. So it wouldn’t of stayed at £30 all the time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI ROSIE18

I appreciate you getting in touch with us on the forums and welcome to the community.

If the offer you were linked to has finished and, as mentioned, the offers when they finish do not naturally cease the service for you or the contract, then this just continues in a rolling 30 days if you didn't have an 18 month contract or, if you did have an 18 month offer, you continue to be contracted to the end of the 18 months and then this reduces to a 30 day rolling contract.

The contract would have been emailed to you when you signed up so you can check into this if you look back on the email contract we sent to you.

Additionally you can log into My Virgin Media to see your contract terms left.

If you do have more than the 30 days left then speak to our teams and they would be happy to review your options. Please bear in mind if they make changes this may recontact you to a further 12 or 18 months depending on the offer they apply for you.

You can contact them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Let us know how it goes

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"