cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract change I didn't instigate

TheoPV
Tuning in

I opened a VM account (brand new) in Nov 2020. It was an 18 month deal with a minimum contract of 18 months and due to expire June 22 so naturally I am looking around to secure the best deal I can. Looking at my account now something happened in Jul 21 which added a further 18 months to my contract to March 2023 apparently. 

This was not done by me. Having waited on the phone for too long and not getting beyond the initial chat page to try to sort this I wondered whether any other users have found "random" extensions to their contract. 

I haven't added anything to the account ever. It is an Oomph deal so there isn't anything to add!

Is anyone aware of why this may have happened?

In the preceding 20 years with Sky this never happened. They honour each and every deal and I suspect bad practices by VM but before poking the finger at them I thought I would just put this out there in case I am missing something obvious?

Grateful for any experiences. 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @TheoPV 

Did you move house around the time that the contract changed?

The reason I'm asking is when customers move house they are issued a new account number. Providing the customer doesn't alter their package or update their equipment then the remainder of the contract should be carried over but the VM systems need to be manually updated. THis isn't always actioned correctly but is soon solved by forum staff.

If the above isn't the case then compare your June '21 contract to the changed contract in July '21 as that should show any difference in packages/equipment which may ahve instigated the new contract end date.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TheoPV,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that your contract seem to have been extended without notifying you. I'll be happy to investigate this further for you and see what we can do to help.

I completely understand that this is not an ideal experience and I do apologise that you're having this issue. You can always find more information about your Virgin Media Contract on our website.

In order to help, I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon to discuss this further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Nothing has changed. Thanks 

No address change

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TheoPV,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I'm glad that I was able to look into this issue for you and was able to clear up any misinformation.

If there's anything else I can do to help, please let us know.  🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs