cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract cancellation

RCarter123
Joining in

I have been a virgin media customer for an 18 month contract but decided to cancel my contract after the price of services increasing dramatically. 

I have had numerous conversations via Virgin media WhatsApp and after a long and disappointing service they have finally agreed to cancel the contract. My service is to be disconnected on the 22nd June and I have received postage bag to return the equipment even! 

After Virgin media knew I was leaving I received a phone call from a VM sales rep offering me a new deal, to which I declined. Following the phone call ending I received an email thanking me for entering into a new contract! This contract has been sent without my consent or permission. To further worsen the service received I have just received a bill at the new contract rate which I did not agree too. 

I have kept all correspondence with Virgin media staff confirming the service will end on 22nd June, my final bill is paid and I’m even due a partial credit yet this new illicit bill is still sent.

Is there someway I can resolve this via this forum? I will be sending your equipment back after my service is disconnected as agreed. I want all contracts against my name ended otherwise I will be contacting the ombudsman to resolve. 

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I've marked this for the forum staff's attention, and they can usually get things like this sorted out.  This isn't mis-selling, it is downright fraud, implementing a new credit based contract without your agreement.  I'd therefore suggest that in addition to properly cancelling your old account, and ensuring that any money wrongfully taken is refunded, you're entitled to a decent amount of compensation, perhaps £100-150?

See what the forum staff can sort out, if you don't feel the company have done sufficient by way of goodwill gesture, report back here and we'll explain how to put it through VM's (useless) complaints process and then escalating to the Financial Services Ombusdsman.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RCarter123

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry for the confusion on this as from a system check you spoke to the team at the end of last month and resolved it. I will PM you now though to clarify everything. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RCarter123

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to sort this for you 🙂

If you do ever need anything, please pop us a post and we'll do our best to help 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill