cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract cancellation??

RobertP1
Joining in

Hi,

I contacted VM to cancel my account on 14 January following the end of my contract period on 5th February. The Agent was very incompetent with very little knowledge. After a long conversation I was told that my contract will end at no extra charge on 5 February.

Because I was send another high bill, I contacted VM on 25 January, after spending an hour with another incompetent agent, been put on hold after every question I have ask, the agent says that  they could see my call but it hadnt been cancelled properly, so would need to give another 30 days notice!? After my complaining and asking to speak to manager I was told that manager is busy right now, but they will call me back.Guess what?! Nobody called me back. 

Today 17 February I still being charged high rate for broadband by VM so I call them again, after explaining all the story again I have been put on hold and transferred to a Disconnection team but after of 1 hour of waiting being on hold, no one answered the phone!!!

Is this a new way to get as much money out of the customer as possible? telling lies and not answering the phone?

Do you now how can I cancel my contract and how can I get my overcharged money back?

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Do you now how can I cancel my contract and how can I get my overcharged money back?

Oh yes, I do and I'll happily explain it, but it's not particularly quick, so before unleashing the dogs let's give the forum staff until tomorrow to formulate a resolution that makes you happy.  If that doesn't happen I can point you in the direction to beat it out of VM.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RobertP1 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry for the disconnection dispute. I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM @RobertP1 and allowing me to sort this for you 🙂

If you do ever need anything, please do pop back to the Community 🙂

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill