cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract cancellation and retention deal.

colinjowitt2000
Tuning in

I recently tried to call virgin after receiving the email about the price increases, this happened to coincide with a systems problem at the call centre that lasted several days and was unable to speak to anyone. I used this time to rearch alternatives, I have been with Telewest/Virgin for over 24 years and my home has never had a connected BT line. This was always one of the reasons why I had never moved as I would have to organise the connection to access sky.

It appears that Sky etc are now offering to pay for this to be done as part of the contract and were also offering newer equipment plus Netflix for over 40% less than Virgin. I called to cancel and was of course transferred to the retention team who eventually offered a comparable deal (with Netflix) if I would sign up for 18 month contract. The operative wanted me to sign up there and then but I explained I would need to speak to my partner first, he said he would leave notes on my account and I could call back to accept the offer if I decided to stay.

I called this morning to confirm I wanted to stay but was offered a very different price without Netflix after 30 mins of back and forth with the price being discounted by a few pounds each time the final deal she offered was still more expensive than sky and nowhere near the price offered by the original virgin operative. 

Is there a culture of being economical with the truth at virgin?. This coupled with the constant tv ads and mail drops telling you the deals new customers are offered has been the final straw. 

Has anyone else experienced virgin going back on deals they offered or is it just me. I understand that discounts can change day to day but I was told that I could call back and the first deal offered would be available as he was going to make notes on my account, I checked this twice before hanging up..

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @colinjowitt2000 

As you correctly said, deals can change on a daily basis, so may not be available again.

I strongly advise people to accept the offer there and then and then discuss it with their partner afterwards.

There is a 14 day cooling off period so if a partner doesn't agree then there's still the opportunity to re-negotiate or switch back to the old package

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave that is exactly why a asked him twice but he said because he was adding to the notes it would be honoured.

Don't worry. I agreed there and then and still was sent a contract next day with a way higher amount to what was agreed. 

So probably would not have made any difference. They just come up with random numbers over the phone knowing they don't have to honour them the next day.  

Hi @VMFAN

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear you had this issue with your package.

I can see you are currently talking to a member of our team privately regarding this issue. Our team will do our best to help resolve this issue for you.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes I think I'm being dealt with, thank you

No problem @VMFAN.

We hope to best resolve this for you

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ann559
Tuning in

I don't have an answer for you, but I can say that we have had similar problems. We have been with virgin 26 years now no problems, changed to a new 18 month contract last week with Netflix included but can we get the activation? NO. Give phone calls, different answers each time - yesterday was promised a call back which didn't happen and today I was told we won't get Netflix until next month because of the bill being a month in advance ( Netflix don't do this apparently) I wish I had left now.Hope someone with authority can sort this for us both soon