cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract and Discount Situation when moving

pkw5
Joining in

Can someone state the situation with my present 18 month virgin contract when I move home. This information doesn’t seem to be readily available.

My broadband and phone contract, including a promo discount ends 31st December 2022, the move will be some time in August 2022.

Thanking you.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @pkw5 

I've moved your post from the community natter forum. VM Staff don't tend to look in that forum.

If you move home and transfer your service(s) to the new address without making any changes then your contract will continue as it is including the promo discount  which end on 31st December.

Once your promo discount ends you will pay full price for the service(s) unless you either contact VM beforehand and negotiate a new deal, or contact VM and give in your 30 days notice to cancel the account.

If you move home and transfer your service(s) to the new address and make any changes then you will enter a new 18 month contract.

If you move home and are still in contract, and  VM is available at your new property but you don't transfer your services there then you will be liable to pay early termination fees (the most you will be charged is £288 including vat)

If VM cannot supply  a service to your new property, then providing it's within the UK and you supply proof of residence at the new property then VM may waive any due early termination fees.

Details of early termination fees are listed on the following page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/early-disconnection-fees 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Dave

Many thanks for the info.

Just one more point, I would be moving to a new STD code area within the same County, would a new home phone number allocation be “changes” to my existing package?

Regards

Paul

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Paul,

As far as I'm aware the new STD area code is just that and not a package change so shouldn't affect your contract.

It's best to wait for a member of the Forum Team to confirm this.

They should pick up the thread in a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your question.

Please, be advised we can transfer your existing remaining contract to the new property as long as the property is on a serviceable code.
To find out more about the process as well as to check your new post code and if it's serviceable from VM, visit here.

We would not be able to transfer the landline though, in case your new location is to an area with a new area code.

As long as we can complete your move in, we can transfer the services along (including your landline). Then, in case you wish to change the number to a new one, you can contact our customer service and request for a landline number change if you wish.

This might be chargeable based on the reason you want to change it, but it's possible and will not cause any changes to your contract length or status.

Let us know if the above information helps, happy to assist you further with your queries and concerns.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you Adri.

The home phone telephone number would have to change anyway, as it is in a different STD Area (so I presume this would be done automatically). I have checked previously and it is VM Serviced with pathway connector boxes to each property.

BTW - Do you know if all East Midlands VM areas now have the phone service via the Hub?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the reply, Dave

Can you please tell us if you mean that you are moving to an area that has fibre-optics for landline connections (via the hub and BB network)?
In this instance, we would cancel your existing landline and once move in to the new property we can issue a new landline and phone number per request.

We are unable to advise which areas have been migrated to this service, I'm afraid. 

Do you remember what was advised on the point of sale, perhaps?
Thanks

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs