cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Run around...time to call it a day on VM?

NotsoSilentBob
Joining in

Excuse the format, it was the best way to gather my thoughts on this matter:

Logged on to downgrade my contract.
After waiting 30 minutes chatted to online rep called Mary
Explained I wanted to downgrade my package.
Rep agreed to look to see if could offer a deal after taking details of current usage.
Offered Ultimate Volt package at £85 and O2 at £25. Note VM customer since NTL started locally.
Agreed to take it as it was a significant reduction on current Ooomp package.
Completed Direct Debit and was forwarded Contract Information sheet confirming pricing structure.
O2 account was opened in the meantime whilst awaiting sim details (new number).
Details changed online in my account from Oomp to Volt package
Received email with new contract documents.
Pricing not as agreed – service charge now £165.04 not as expected £85
Contacted retentions by phone to discuss contract detail as felt desire to cancel full contract given the problems so far. Rep appeared to be in offshore centre (Asia?) so conversation was somewhat strained at my end due to accent.
Retentions offered a revised deal at £110, said they would cancel contract documentation and reissue revised contract. Took contact details but asked for alternate email which seemed very odd.
To date I have not received new contract with revised pricing.
Feel like cancelling the lot as I am concerned I will be financially shafted if I stay on revised current set up without revised documentation.
Not a happy bunny and still in cooling off period.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NotsoSilentBob,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise regarding the confusion over your package price and that you have now be offered another new deal with a conflicting price.

We can certainly take a look at what package has been placed on your account, and let you know of the monthly cost so we can check it matches your records. 

We can also send you a copy of your contract.

I will pop you over a private message to take a look into this for you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NotsoSilentBob,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise regarding the confusion over your package price and that you have now be offered another new deal with a conflicting price.

We can certainly take a look at what package has been placed on your account, and let you know of the monthly cost so we can check it matches your records. 

We can also send you a copy of your contract.

I will pop you over a private message to take a look into this for you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Just to say, with the assistance of Jodi my concerns have been resolved and the matter sorted. 

Many thanks to Jodi.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I presume the forum staff will confirm to you that your agreed £85 + £25 deal has been honoured.  When you were offered that and agreed to it, that became legally binding on both you and VM.  Any subsequent messing about or attempts to claim that the original deal "can't be offered" or "isn't available to you" or "no longer on the system" all count for nothing.

If despite the forum staff's intervention it seems that VM won't honour the agreed terms, then you can certainly cancel under cooling off rights although that cancellation only takes you back to the previous arrangement, so if wanting to leave VM altogether you'd need to issue a further 30 day cancellation notice.  In theory you can do both at the same time, getting the agents to understand that and implement it on one call can be tricky.  If you want to tough it out with VM then you'll certainly get the deal agreed, but sometimes this involves the relatively slow process of a formal complaint to VM and probably escalation to the industry complaints adjudication scheme, CISAS.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NotsoSilentBob,

Just a quick note to say we're pleased that we could conform the correct package price for you and give you peace of mind.

If you have any further queries, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks Andrew,
I am pleased to say this has been formally resolved to my satisfaction. I also appreciate your input here and in other posts highlighting the avenues open to VM customers in exercising their rights, complaints and accessing held data to verify converstions and communications. It is a minefield and given the current financial challenges people are facing, a speedy resolution to these matters is appreciated.

SB

Hi @NotsoSilentBob

Glad to hear that this has been resolved for you now. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley