cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal

JKS201
Joining in

After wasting 40 minutes and being passed through 4 agents (with each agent requiring me to validate my credentials) I ended up asking for my 15 years with Virgin Media to be terminated.

Each of the 4 agents were trying to be helpful but the underlying processes clearly demonstrated that Virgin Media had no respect for their loyal hard-pressed customers.

Considering that I have had the need to call Virgin Media on over 80 occasions this year because of intermittent service, which ended with an email to Lutz Schüler (your CEO), I really feel brutalised with the Virgin Media customer experience.

Tragically, I would have liked to stay with Virgin Media, but when the price I was being offered was more expensive compared to a new customer with a better package, this was the insult that tipped me over the edge and convinced me to terminate.  

Regards from a thoroughly ill-treated customer

6 REPLIES 6

jamesofmerton
Super solver
'the price I was being offered was more expensive compared to a new customer'

that is the way business works and has done for years. there is no loyalty on either side.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JKS201, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us although we are sorry to hear you've decided to leave us. 

From time to time, we have special offers and promotions to welcome new customers on board. When this offer ends, the package price will revert to the standard package price for the bundle. Although they may not always be available to existing customers, that doesn't mean that you miss out once you've joined us. We often have offers and special deals on our services, or one-off promotions to make sure you carry on getting the value you'd expect.

We're always happy to review your package and cost to help find one that best suits your needs and budget - this doesn't always mean a downgrade and even if you've been through the process already, as the offers change constantly it's worth calling whilst in your notice period. 

If you do want to chat with us about amending your package, please feel free to call on 150 / 03454541111 or pop us a text on 0753 305 1809. 

We wish you the best going forward. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F,

Thank you for your attention.

Unfortunately, the advise that you provided is the process that I followed. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JKS201,

Thank you for coming back to us. We're sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with us. However, we're unable to process package changes on this platform, and would recommend you get in touch by calling in, or by texting. 

The best time to get in touch is between 8am-10am we our call queues are not as busy during that time. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please keep us updated on how you get on and if you need anything else.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z,

Thank you for your attention.

Apologies for repeating myself but unfortunately, the advise that you provided is the process that I followed. 

Hi @JKS201, thanks for your response.

I appreciate your comments, and I'm sorry that this process along with other circumstances led to you terminating your contact with us.

Please be assured that I'll pass on your feedback to ensure we can improve in future.

Regards

Tom_W