cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal Without My Consent

jbradshaw1
Joining in

Rang up earlier about the part payment email and got everything sorted. The girl on the phone then told me of a price increase and would credit my account but when she started to read the terms and conditions to me said it would put me in a new 18 month contract. To which i told her i didn't want and wanted to stay on the 30 day rolling contract which she said your in an 18 month contract now was then passed on to two people from retention who was of no help. With the final person i spoke to ring back tomorrow or basically telling me id have to cancel the package and they would waiver the early cancellation fee anyone able to help on this and why i cant stay on the 30day rolling contract as i never rang up about a new contract or intended on going on a new contract.

many thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jbradshaw1

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your contract renewal. I am so sorry to hear that you did not receive the help you require during your phone call, that's not the high standard of service we aim to provide. Just to clarify: any change to your existing package will trigger the start of a new 18 month minimum term contract. I would like to take a look further into this and see what we can do. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena

@Serena_C wrote:

[. . .]  Just to clarify: any change to your existing package will trigger the start of a new 18 month minimum term contract. [. . . ]

Really? Without that being explained by the sales person in the phone call?

Hi TresFrustre, 

Thanks for your comment. When a new contract is applied to the account we do expect our agents to advise the customer of this before they agree to the changes. 

Once the changes are made, a copy of the new contract is emailed to the customer and also uploaded to the account to be able to view in My VM. At this point if the customer was unaware that they were entering in to a new contract and don't want to then they have 14 days to contact us and we can revert them back to their previous. 

If an agent doesn't advise the customer of the change in contract then this is a training need we need to address with the agent. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for the reply this is alot more helpful. I spent an hour on the phone speaking to 4 different people and not getting anywhere being told id have to cancel my service as im now in a contract and couldn’t be put back on my 30day rolling contract even tho i wasnt told till she started reading terms and conditions to me id be put into a contract which i then told her I didn’t want.

I was only told when she said she had to read some terms and conditions to me.  This is when mentioned in them that id be in an 18 month contract. i then asked why i was being put into a new contract and she said because of the credit so i said I didn’t want that and was told it had been changed so she would have to go speak to someone about it. Then was just transferred to retention where he just didn’t understand and then put me through to customer service who then put me back through to retention who still was not any help and just told me id have to ring back today.  

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the details Jordan. Have you received a copy of your new contract? Have tried using the 14 day cool off period to revert back to your previous contract? How did that go, if so?

Kind regards,

Serena

Weeman2
Joining in

Hi, I took note of my contract renewal date when I extended it over a year ago, It was due to end in January 2023.

When I checked today to see the exact date in January 2023, Virgin Media have now changed the contract claiming a new contract started in July 2022. If so, this was done without any consultation or my consent.

They claim I received an email which I did not.

I would like to know why they have done this, as I intend to make a formal complaint to the ombudsman should the change of contract result in me being tied into this contract beyond January 2023.

Kind regards

Tom

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Weeman2, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issue with a new contract possibly being issued without your knowledge.

Let me look into this for you - check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for joining me over our private messages @Weeman2, pleased I was able to have this answered/resolved for you.

Appreciate your time!

David_Bn